DL Guide - Recent Changes
A famous quote by Walt Disney himself goes "Disneyland
will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as their is imagination left in
the world." That's never been more true as shows and attractions are constantly
changing. Below are some of the major openings and changes over the past eight years. Use
it as a guide to make sure you see things you've never seen before.
Note: This list is not intended to be a timeline. Closed attractions and shows are not included.
- Mickey's Detective School: A new show in Disneyland's Fantasyland Theater
- Buzz Lightyear Adventure: A small show at Disneyland's Buzz Lightyear stage.
The biggest change yet to the Disneyland Resort occured on Feburary 8, 2001 when a second theme park, Disney's California Adventure, opened to the public. A month prior to that, Downtown Disney, a new shopping, dining and entertainment district, opened as well. Click for the Disney's California Adventure or Downtown Disney guide. Other changes:
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: A Nightmare Before Christmas overlay for the classic Haunted Mansion attraction.
- Disney's Electrical Parade: Added to DCA in July. The classic Disneyland parade returned across the esplanade at Disney's California Adventure.
- The Power of Blast!: Added to DCA in November. A shorter version of the amazing show that wowed Broadway audiences.
- Autopia: On June 29th an all-new Autopia opened with three new car designs and a new, expanded track.
- Parade of the Stars: An all-new parade featuring tons of Disney characters.
- "Believe...There's Magic in the Stars": An all-new fireworks show that's more spectacular than any fireworks show ever done by Disney.
- "Believe...In Holiday Magic": A holiday version of the "Believe...There's Magic in the Stars" fireworks spectacular that culminates in snow falling on Main Street, in New Orleans Square and in the Small World Mall.
- Tarzan's Treehouse: The old Swiss Family Treehouse has been completely redone as Tarzan's Treehouse to tie-in with Disney's 1999 hit animated film.
- During the holidays Disneyland is more decorated than ever with New Orleans Square and Toontown getting in the spirit. Click here for the 1999 Holidays at Disneyland guide.
- The New Tomorrowland opens featuring a new look and new and updated attractions: Innoventions, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, American Space Experience, Astro Orbiter.
- Aladdin and Jasmine's Storytelling: A cute show featuring Aladdin, Jasmine and a storyteller with lots of guest interaction.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Some controversial changes were made to make to this attraction more "politically correct" and some other significant updates were made as well.
- "it's a small world holiday": During the holiday season "it's a small world" is transformed on the outside - with thousands of Christmas lights, and the inside - with a new song and theme.
- Space Mountain: A new surf guitar soundtrack was added giving a new dimension to the ride.
- Indiana Jones Adventure: The most advanced attraction at Disneyland.
- Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: A spinning, dark ride attraction in Toontown.
- Toontown: Disneyland's first new "land" in 21 years pay is the place where Disney's classic characters live.
- Fantasmic!: Perhaps the most spectacular show Disney's ever done.
-- Last Updated December 24, 2000