LP Lotion: ElecTRONica Debuts at Disney California Adventure
Page 1 of 10
Fun-seeking families, science fiction fans and party-goers of all ages may now enter the colorful and exciting world of the upcoming Disney movie “TRON: Legacy” at “ElecTRONica,” a new, nighttime party that debuted in Disney California Adventure park on Friday, Oct. 8. “TRON: Legacy” debuts in theaters Dec. 17.
Combining dynamic music and dance, fun food and drink, and the computer-world environment of “TRON: Legacy,” the “ElecTRONica” festivities take place Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights this fall, plus all week Thanksgiving week, Nov. 19 -28, and nightly during the Christmas vacation period Friday, Dec. 17, through Sunday, Jan 2. “ElecTRONica” is expected to continue through mid-to-late April 2011.
The adventure begins in Sunshine Plaza at a “TRON”-themed stage where, at 6 p.m., an exciting music, video and dance show welcomes guests and prepares them to enter the world of TRON.
When the high-powered Sun Plaza welcoming show has concluded, the party transitions into Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Guests pass through an “ElecTRONica” archway to a street alive with a computerized color grid. There, they have the sensation of being digitized and transported into the computer mainframe world of “TRON: Legacy.” Among the highlights:
- Buildings in Hollywood Pictures Backlot are mapped with “TRON: Legacy” images. Light cycles zoom across the building facades, while other dynamic images from the film fill the street.
- Before entering the studio area, guests pass under the iconic Recognizer, the vigilant sentry on the lookout for unclassified “Programs” in the digital world of “TRON: Legacy.” With smoke and lights emanating from it, this ever-watchful vehicle seems to hover above the ground as it scans those who pass below.
- At the center of the party is a DJ platform, complete with a laser beam beckoning guests of all ages to the fun. Here, professional DJs keep the energy going with electronic party music while dancers costumed as “Sirens" and “Programs” from the movie rock out at locations throughout the party.
- Also appearing on the Backlot Stage adjoining the dance floor is Laserman, a performer who does amazing tricks to music with impressive lasers and light.
- Near the dance floor, guests find a re-creation of Flynn’s Video Arcade, a key location in the adventure of “TRON: Legacy.” At Flynn’s, gamers shoot for the highest scores as they enjoy classic 1980s arcade games. Outside the Arcade, guests may play the unreleased “TRON: Evolution” video games for popular home consoles, and take part in a nightly tournament. The new video games, which feature the iconic light cycles and light discs in stories that bridge the gap between the two TRON films, will be released on December 7.
- Guests may also get an extended glimpse of the upcoming film at “TRON: Legacy, Exclusive 3D Sneak Peek” (presented in the venue which, by day, houses Muppet*Vision 3D). The 3D preview has special effects exclusive to this theater.
- Guests are able to purchase food from a specially-themed food truck, along with glowing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at the End of Line Club, inspired by an iconic new location in the world of “TRON: Legacy.”
VideosClick below to play the videos
Sunshine Plaza readies for the Welcome Show
Click here for a larger version of this picture (1024 X 683, 123,105 bytes)
Welcome Show takes crowd back to 1982
Click here for a larger version of this picture (1024 X 683, 138,758 bytes)