Space Mountain Accident Injures Nine
An accident at Disneyland's Space Mountain injures nine
- Disney settles lawsuits over development of Mission:Space - Orlando Sentinel (1/6/2009)
The Orlando Sentinel reports Disney has settled with Environmental Tectonics Corp (the designer/builder of Mission:Space).
- Slow Response to Disneyland Ride Accident Alleged - Los Angeles Times (8/1/2001)
A lengthy article examines the lawsuit being filed against Disneyland by a couple who were injured last year during an accident on Space Mountain.
- AP: Utah Couple Sues Disneyland - Associated Press (7/31/2001)
A Utah couple who were injured last year when Space Mountain car derailed are suing Disneyland stating they delayed the arrival of prompt medical attention and either failed to report the accident or did not adequately relay its seriousness to the state division responsible for monitoring amusement park safety.
- Broken bolt focus of Space Mountain probe - Orange County Register (10/20/2000)
The Orange County Register is reporting Disneyland has revised its policy to allow ride operators to call 911 directly in emergencies. The article also has an update on the July Space Mountain accident.
- Gray area in new law affected Space Mountain accident - Los Angeles Times (10/20/2000)
The Los Angeles Times is reporting a gray area in the new theme park safety law meant the state did not investigate the Space Mountain accident.
- Secrecy delayed response in Space Mountain incident - Orange County Register (10/18/2000)
According to an Orange County Register article, a fire captain reported Disney's security efforts to keep the incident quiet delayed the fire department's response time.
- Space Mountain still closed - Orange County Register (8/3/2000)
Disneyland's Space Mountain will stay closed for a few days.
- State to Investigate Space Mountain - Los Angeles Times (8/3/2000)
Disney officials "have an idea" what caused the accident but will wait until the investigation is complete to comment.
- Disneyland Closes Space Mountain After Accident Hurts 9 - Orange County Register (8/2/2000)
Space Mountain car halts abruptly when it comes partly off track Monday evening, 9 injured
- Disneyland Closes Space Mountain After Accident Hurts 9 - Los Angeles Times (8/2/2000)
9 people were injured when a Space Mountain car partially derailed Monday evening.