Page 1 of 1
Knott's Berry Farm
Knott's Berry Farm??? Whether you're a local or a tourist, if you've been to Disneyland there's a good chance you've been to Knott's Berry Farm as well. While it's certainly not Disneyland, it's a fun place to go. And now that Ceder Fair has purchased it they are intent on becoming even bigger competition for Disneyland, especially in the competition for local visitors. But one area where Disneyland has Knott's beat hands down is in fan sites. By my count Disneyland has over 200 sites devoted to it while Knott's has exactly one (not including general theme park and coaster sites that include Knott's). But that one is a very good one, created by Bob Barber, LaughingPlace.com writer and a friend of mine. His brand new site, Bear-yTales.com is definitely worth checking out!
News of the Week
Here are last week's major stories:
- The USA Today in an article dated January 18th reports Disney is developing an affinity program which will award discounts, priority seating for Disney's Broadway shows and theme park shows. Click here for the story.
- The January 17th Associated Press reported the Disney Company is experiencing its shakiest period in Eisner's 15 year history with the company. Click here for the story.
- Ain't It Cool News offers a peek into the sound effects world of <I>Dinosaur</I> answering the question 'Where do dinosaur sounds come from?' Click here for the story.
- For the second consecutive year the board of the Walt Disney Co. was named the worst in America by Business Week. Click here for the full story.
- The Wall Street Journal is reporting in a January 20th article that Michael Eisner may name ABC Group Chairman the Disney Company's number 2 executive (and he did early this week). Click here for the original story.
- The January 20th Inquirer reports the Philadelphia DisneyQuest's future is uncertain due to the lack of permanent financing. Click here for the article.
- In a brief report from Newsweek, ex-Disney Studios chief Joe Roth answers why he's leaving the studio scene to make independent films.Click here for the article.
- Stewart Jacobson Filed Lawsuit stating that the Walt Disney Co. stole his creative idea and concept for a joint venture for "Cirque du Soleil". Click here for the story.
- Walt Disney World announced a $99 4-day passport for Florida residents now through May 21, 2000 (except for April 15 -29). Click here for more details.
We've already published a Disneyland Update this week highlighted with pictures of some of the floats for the 45 Years of Magic Parade beginning next month. And don't forget this week's trivia contest themed to Disney Villains, and this week's Online Poll which asks the question "What is your favorite aspect of Disney?"
-- Doobie Moseley (January 25, 2000)
Editor's Report: Doobie's look at the world of Disney and what's coming up on LaughingPlace.com in the coming week.
The Editor's Report is posted every Monday. This week ... one day late.