The LaughingPlace Store
Page 1 of 1
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
The Disney World Wide Web
Is it just me or has the quality of Disneyland related websites really shot up lately? I don't mean to imply there wasn't quality before. Some of the sites that've been around for years like the Yesterland, the Disneyland Information Guide (especially now that the Fabulous Disney Babe has added her updates) and Disneyguy's Site are still around and producing great stuff, but in the past few months it seems a bunch of newer sites have come on the scene offering great content, great pictures and frequent updates. Here are just a few of the sites I've noticed:
- Wisebear's Unofficial Preview of Disney's California Adventure
One of the newer DCA sites and, in my opinion, the best of the bunch.
Formerly known as the Virtual Guide to Disney Theme Parks, this site is consistantly updated with Disneyland Resort construction pictures.
This site covers more than just Disney offering regular news updates on the entire theme park industry.
- Ultimate Theme Park Guide
Another general theme park site that's regularly updated.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Fan Club
This online magazine only has one "issue" so far, but if it's any indication this'll be a great resource. It has a beautiful design as well.
This site is dedicated to Walt Disney himself and has a new feature every month that usually involves Disneyland's history. This site also has a section trying to get 2,001 people to sign Walt Disney's 100th birthday card before it occurs on December 5, 2001.
Know of any other great new sites I've missed? Please let me know about them using the form at the bottom of this article. And be sure to visit our Website Directory featuring well over 1,000 Disney sites - each described, categorized and rated - that'll keep you surfing for days.
News of the Week
Here are last week's major stories:
- The February 25th USA Today reported Disney's New True Life Adventures will be appearing on many ABC stations nationwide. The first special was entitled Alaska: Dances of the Caribou.
- A few newspapers reported on several guest relations employees that say they were wrongly terminated after lengthy interrogations by security. Click here for all the stories.
- The February 29th New York Post reported Elton John stormed out of the matinee performance of AIDA.
- For four consecutive weekends beginning May 5, Walt Disney World guests will be transported to a "galaxy far, far away" as the Disney-MGM Studios presents Star Wars Weekends. Various of the films actors and voice talents will be onhand, various George Lucas characters will be roaming the Park, a Cantina Street Party takes over the Park each evening from 5p to park close, and there will be Star Wars trivia contests and merchandise. Click here for details.
- The March 2nd Orlando Sentinel reported on the various activities that guests will experience at EPCOT's Space Pavilion expected to open in 2002 or 2003.
- The official Dinosaur website added a new trailer for this film that will be released May 15th. Click here for the trailer.
- Fool.com, in a February 29th article, offered a Q & A with Motley Fool analyst Rick Munarriz on what's happening at Disney.
This week's trivia contest contains 15 random questions from all over the Disney map and this week's Online Poll asks the question "Would you like to be a Disney Cast Member"? We've already published a Disneyland Update for this week with pictures of the new Monorail station as well as DCA and Autopia construction pictures and a picture of the new Disneyland Resort logo. Look for another Walt Disney World update very soon.
-- Doobie Moseley (March 7, 2000)
Editor's Report: Doobie's look at the world of Disney and what's coming up on LaughingPlace.com in the coming week.
The Editor's Report is posted every Tuesday.