Laughing Place Podcast: Big Blue World
Page 1 of 1
Podcast #176: Big Blue World
Date: September 30, 2011
- Download the MP3 or listen online
- Subscribe to the RSS feed: LaughingPlace.com/LP/XML/LPPodcast.xml
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes
- Breaking News: Frankie Valli
- Avatar: The big, big, big, big, big, big, big, news.
- Mickey's Not-So-Scary Party: A look at this year's event including the point of view of a first timer and Rebekah's candy obsession.
- Disney World Turns 40: And the crew each talk about their first visits and memories from them.
- Voicemail: I made voicemail bold because we're debuting a new song!
- And more ... Reader Mail, 50 Words on Moneyball and plenty of silliness.
Quotes of the Show
"My kids were getting a kick at looking at what other people looked like" -- Donny
"They had the Almond Joy in their hand and then another cast member gave me candy instead ... it was supposed to be mine!" -- Rebekah
"I think Ive proven my point right here" -- FanBoy
As always, your LPP is sponsored by:
- MouseEarVacations.com: Our favorite Disney travel agency. Concierge service at no extra charge. Bookings for 2012 vacations are now available plus Free Dining packages and the new Adventures by Disney iteneraries and Aulani.
- HoJoAnaheim.com: Our favorite place to stay at the Disneyland resort (we just stayed there for the Expo). A very short walk (even closer than the Disneyland hotel). Family Suites. Awesome water play area (just ask Gideon). And exceptional service.
Your Panel - The Modified Edition
This panel for this week's show is...
Doobie: The author of this article and the co-owner of LaughingPlace.com. Doobie has been a Disney fan since 1995 and has visited Disneyland and Walt Disney World literally thousands of times though he's never worked there. His favorite attractions are the restaurants. Doobie is the father of a 2 1/2 year old little boy named Gideon and a very patient (with Gideon and my new indoor mini remote control helicopter) dog named Happy.
Rebekah: The other co-owner of LaughingPlace.com and Doobie's wife. She's a life-long Disney fan who's also visited Disneyland and Walt Disney World thousands of times. She's a big fan of the 70s Disney, especially the 70s Mickey Mouse Club. Her daily job at LaughingPlace.com requires her to keep her finger on the pulse of all things Disney. She's the sensible one in the crew (just checkout podcast #19 for proof) She also has a 2 1/2 year old little boy. She also has been patient with the helicopter.
Donny: Sitting in for Captain Jon this recent transplant to Central Florida doesn't really know anything about Disney so we thought he'd be a perfect fit.
FanBoy: FanBoy knows his Disney from both the fan perspective and the business perspective. He's also a fellow Angel fan - the real reason we like him.
"Normal" Panelist Not on This Show
Captain Jon: Another life-long Disney fan who comes at things from a slightly younger point of view. He's especially adept at dreaming up new Disney attractions, but ultimately, he's a pirate with all that that entails. His favorite movie is, of course, Pirates of the Caribbean. His hits include the very popular, now retired, but occasionally returning Captain's Challenge.
-- Posted September 30, 2011