Page 2 of 2
LaughingPlace.com is made possible by the efforts of dozens of people. On behalf of my wife and co-owner Rebekah, we'd like to thank everyone that plays a part - however small. That includes the columnists, feature writers, trivia writers and any other writers. That also includes people who help in back office work. And thanks also to the official moderators of the discussion boards and the unofficial "helpers" who make sure we know about stuff we may have missed or just make sure they have a welcoming word for newcomers. Thanks to everyone at Disney who always make us feel welcome at media events and help us out with information and opportunities. Thanks to all who take the time to send feedback to our writers or to me about the site in general or send in a newsitem. Thanks to those who help with the shopping at The LaughingPlace Store and those who create programming for LaughingPlace Radio. And most of all, thanks to the readers. Without you this would still be fun ... but kind of pointless.
Thank you to our advertisers as well. The past year has seen us make a concerted effort to get more advertisers for LaughingPlace.com, and it's worked out well. We really appreciate (and I'm sure you do, too) the people who pay the bills around here. Without them, there is no LaughingPlace.com. It's as simple as that!
And finally, I'd like to say thanks to a long-time LaughingPlace.com columnist who is be leaving us. Michelle Smith AKA The Fabulous Disney Babe will be moving to JimHillMedia.com for her regular gig. However, don't be surprised if articles by her pop up here every now and then. We've very much enjoyed having Michelle as a part of the team here and wish her the best in her new location.
The State of LaughingPlace.com
This past year has probably been the least eventful in the history of LP. In past years we've interviewed Disney executives, launched a store and online radio station, covered the openings of theme parks and much more. But this past year, while quieter, was not without its highlights. Here are a few:
- We're now regulars at premieres of Disney films including Treasure Planet, Finding Nemo and. Pirates of the Caribbean bringing readers interviews from the red carpet.
- An extended, in-depth interview with Disneyland Resort President Cynthia Harriss in October.
- A new online game - Scramble
- Our relationship with the NFFC has grown stronger and tighter to the benefit of both of us.
- New film and animation columnists along with the consistency of our film reviewer have made our film coverage much stronger and helped the animation section of our discussion boards become one of our most popular.
- Consistency. Our goal is to provide a new article, guide or something (in addition to the headlines) every non-holiday weekday with a few exceptions (usually when we're covering an all-day event and can't update). There was only one day in the past twelve months where we intended to have something new but weren't able to. We'd prefer that number be zero, but we're still happy with that consistency.
- We've done lots of work in the past year to try to make the site faster and more stable. We've also done more work than ever before to make maintaining the site more efficient for Rebekah and I. This kind of work rarely gets noticed and certainly isn't very exciting. But it is necessary.
Where do we go from here? I honestly don't know right now. I have a million ideas in my head, but unlike previous years, nothing really stands out as "the next big thing" for LP. So until something emerges, we'll just keep chugging along. We plan on being here for a long time to come. We hope you'll be here, too.
- Opening Day Editor's Report
- First Birthday Editor's Report
- Second Birthday Editor's Report
- Third Birthday Editor's Report
- List of all Editor's Reports
-- Doobie Moseley
-- Posted August 1, 2003