Disneyland Paris News

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by See Post, Feb 21, 2013.

Random Thread
  1. dagobert

dagobert Well-Known Member

I wouldn't read too much into the 360° experience. You know who the theatre looks like and I hardly can imagine DLP putting money into reconfiguring the whole stage and auditorium. While I'm really open to see more Marvel stuff at DLP, I'm still very disappointed thet they hot rid of CineMagique. They should have gotten rid of the car stunt show and should have replaced it with a spectacular superhero show.

FerretAfros likes this.
  2. FerretAfros

FerretAfros Active Member

In an attempt to do some rebranding, Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed has been arrested
    Saudi billionaire Alwaleed's arrest rattles investors

Of all the stories I've seen, none mention his connection to Disney. With TWDC's full acquisition of EuroDisney SCA, I assume he was bought out, likely with Disney stock to replace the ED stock. Even though TWDC is a much larger company, I have to think he would still be one of the single largest shareholders (at least outside of current/former executives)

Obviously it's tough to say what this means at the moment, either for Disney or Saudi Arabia, but it's something to keep an eye on

3. dagobert

4. FerretAfros

I'm glad to see that they're moving forward on the second entrance to the train station. That will do a lot to help with crowding at peak times, and having something on that plot of land will help finish off the main plaza area. My regular train station has a similar setup (end of the line, one entrance at the far end of the platform), and we could also use a second entrance to distribute the rushhour crowds

It's a nice detail that they changed the plants in the hub decorations to evergreens. I was surprised to see that they used real plants that had been spray painted silver and blue, but I guess it makes sense that the succulents wouldn't make it through the winter; it's great that they found a way to keep the plants real all year long. It looks the plants in the Town Square decorations are also tied in to the 25th anniversary designs

5. dagobert

6. FerretAfros

Very interesting. I'll be curious to see what ends up happening with that, since both parks already have a launch coaster, so it wouldn't really add anything brand new to either of them. It would probably fit better in WDSP, but I'm not sure it's the best option for what that park really needs; more non-thrill rides without height requirements would really help there