Disney's Magical Express
A Disney's Magical Express Motor Coach
Disney's Magical Express is a complimentary service offering to Walt Disney World resort guests complimentary airport shuttle, luggage delivery and on participating airlines check-in at their hotel for domestic return flights. With this service, guests check their bags at their hometown airport, bypass baggage claim at Orlando International Airport (OIA) and board motor coaches to their hotel as their bags are transferred to their room.
While guests flying any airline to OIA may take advantage of the luggage delivery and shuttle service, guests who use participating airlines on domestic flights (currently American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Ted, Northwest Airlines and JetBlue) can take full advantage and avoid check-in lines by checking their luggage and receiving a boarding pass before departing their select Walt Disney World hotel. As an added benefit, guests with flight departures later in the day no longer have to worry about their luggage after they check out of their hotel. They can simply check their luggage at the Resort Airline Check-in Desk and then enjoy the last day of their stay.
Who Is Eligible?
Magical Express is available to those staying on Walt Disney World property in Disney resorts. That means the Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green and Downtown Disney resort area hotels are not eligible. It is also available to overflow Guests who book Walt Disney World Resorts through the Shades of Green Reservations Department.
If you are not arriving at or departing from the Orlando International Airport by plane (eg: you are transferring to a cruise shuttle or you have rented a car prior to the WDW portion of your vacation and dropping it off at OIA), you are still eligible to use Magical Express.
How Does It Work?
- An Airport Transportation Booklet with information, transportation vouchers and two luggage tags per person will be mailed to you approximately 45 days prior to arrival. Attach the provided luggage tags prior to leaving home.
- Because baggage will be delivered to your hotel at some point after your arrival, any essential items (eg: medication, swimsuits) should be taken in a carry-on bag.
Arrival at Orlando International Airport
- Upon arrival at OIA, take the tram to Level 3 of the main terminal, then proceed to the Disney Welcome Center.
- If you have untagged luggage, do not get it yourself. Someone from the welcome center will use your claim tickets to claim the luggage and have it delivered to your room.
- A Disney's Magical Express motor coach will take you to your hotel (Note: it may make up to three stops before arriving your your resort. Approximate travel time is 45-75 minutes).
- Your luggage will be delivered to your room. It may take up to 3 hours after check-in for it to arrive. You do not have to be there and if there are multiple rooms on the reservation, it will all be delivered to the lead guest's room.
- Gratuities for bell services luggage delivery to your room is included.
Departure from Your Resort
- You will receive a Transportation Notice from your resort indicating your motor coach pick-up time - approximately 3 hours prior to your flight time for domestic flights, 4 hours for international flights.
- If you are flying domestically on a participating airline, you can check-in your baggage at the Resort Airline Check-in and receive your boarding pass.
- Motor coach drop-off locations are located in the four quadrants of the airport (Gates 1-29, 30-59, 60-99, and 100-129).
Note for International Travel
- If OIA is your first point of entry into the United States, follow the U.S. Customs & Border Protection process and claim their luggage upon disembarking the airplane. Once you have completed this process, return your luggage to the airport officials and proceed to the Disney Welcome Center. Luggage will be transferred to baggage claim where Disney's Magical Express will claim it and have it delivered to your room.
- If you have already completed the U.S. Customs & Border Protection process in another U.S. city or prior to entering the U.S. may proceed directly to the main terminal building and Disney will claim your luggage.
Anything Else I Should Know?
- The Disney's Magical Express guest services phone number is 866-599-0951.
- An advanced reservation is required and must be made prior to arriving at OIA.
- You cannot use the luggage services only. The motor coach transpiration must be used to use the luggage transportation and delivery service.
- If your flight information changes prior to arrival, call the same number used to make your reservation to notify them. You can also update your flight information online at www.disneyworld.com/mydisneyvacation. If flight changes occur within 2 days of arrival or while you're at WDW, contact Disney's Magical Express Guest Services at 866-599-0951.
- If you begin your stay at an eligible resort and transfer to a non-eligible resort during your stay, you cannot use the return service.
- Unescorted minors are permitted to use the service.
- Though many of the marketing materials for Disney's Magical Express show Mickey Mouse, characters are generally not a part of the experience.
To read other's experiences with
Disney's Magical Express or to leave your own comments
-- Last Updated 12/25/2006