ABC10 is reporting that Melissa Behnken is upset with the Disneyland Resort after being told that by a cast member that her outfit was too revealing. According to Behnken the cast member at the front of Disney California Adventure told her, “You need to pull your top up.”
Disneyland did not make a statement on the incident, but Behnken did say that the Resort called her to apologize for the cast member’s comments.
Behnken shared pictures of what she was wearing that day. Do you feel the outfit is appropriate?
Disneynature’s Bears is offering 10 Disney Movie Rewards bonus points. Enter the code word “BEARS” to earn your bonus points. You will also unlock the Bears Educator’s Guide featuring nearly 100 pages of activities. Bears is released April 18. If you see the film during the opening week, Disney will make a donation to the National Parks Foundation on your behalf.
For the first time in television history, all 11 co-hosts of ABC’s “The View,” present and past, will share the same stage, live, THURSDAY, MAY 15 (11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, ET) on ABC to celebrate the show’s creator Barbara Walters. The following day, after more than five decades of entertaining and informing generations of Americans, Walters says goodbye to daily television, commemorating her final co-host appearance on “The View” that morning. Walters is the last remaining co-host of the original panel of five women she helped assemble. Behind-the-scenes she will continue to be an active part of “The View” in her role as executive producer along with executive producer Bill Geddie, her producing partner of more than 25 years.
Journalist Meredith Vieira, lawyer Star Jones, comedian Joy Behar, television personality Debbie Matenopoulos, journalist Lisa Ling, comedian Rosie O’Donnell, and cable news host Elisabeth Hasselbeck will join Sherri Shepherd, Jenny McCarthy, Whoopi Goldberg and Walters for this momentous, once in a lifetime television event.
“Barbara Walters’ status as a trailblazer, a legend and an icon are undeniable,” said Paul Lee, president, ABC Entertainment. “By creating a talk show panel with multiple hosts she changed the daytime landscape with a concept that is now widely emulated. It’s a true testament to her legacy. We are grateful to her and recognize her enormous contribution to ABC Entertainment and the indelible mark she has left on television,” Lee concluded.
When “The View” first hit the airwaves in August, 1997, it was unlike any other program on television. It featured an all female panel of dynamic women of different ages, experiences and backgrounds sharing various points of view and discussing the hottest topics of the day. “The View” is undoubtedly a pop culture phenomenon and made household names of the show’s original cast, which featured a journalist/mom, a comedian/divorcee, an attorney and “the young one.”
- Meredith Vieira (moderator, 1997–2006, Season 1–9)
- Star Jones (1997-2006, Season 1–9)
- Joy Behar (1997–2013, Season 1–16)
- Debbie Matenopoulos (1997-1998, Season 1-2)
- Lisa Ling (1999–2002, Season 2–6)
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck (2003–2013, Season 7–16)
- Rosie O’Donnell (moderator, 2006–2007, Season 10)
- Whoopi Goldberg (moderator, 2007, Season 11–Present)
- Sherri Shepherd (2007, Season 11–Present)
- Jenny McCarthy (2013, Season 17–Present)
Last May, Walters announced live on “The View” that the show’s 17th season would be her last. Since then, “The View” has been celebrating Walters’ career by highlighting her most famous interviews with the ongoing series, “The Year of Barbara.” “The View” will commemorate Walters’ final week (May 12-16) with ABC: A Barbara Celebration featuring surprise guests, dedicated segments, and retrospectives of Walters’ incredible life, both on screen and off.
This morning we got new video of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train testing without carrying passengers. The final piece of New Fantasyland is scheduled to open this Spring, but no official opening date has been given.
This May, the collision of the Avengers and New Avengers is imminent as untold treacheries come finally come to light. Marvel is proud to present your first look at AVENGERS #29 – an Original Sin tie-in, from the New York Times No. 1 Bestselling Creative Team of Jonathan Hickman and Leinil Yu!
To stop multiversal armageddon the Illuminati, a secret cabal of the Marvel Universe’s greatest minds, had to do the unthinkable. To save a universe, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Mr. Fantastic, the Black Panther, Namor, The Beast and Black Bolt were forced to assemble the most terrifying weapon in the known universe – the INFINITY GAUNTLET!
To protect their secret, they tampered with the memories of Captain America – erasing his knowledge of their terrible acts. But no secret stays buried forever. And Steve Rogers is about to discover the betrayal of his closest allies.
Information held by the all-seeing Watcher has restored Steve Rogers memories – and the Illuminati’s days are numbered. What unfathomable secrets have Tony Stark and his inner circle been keeping? What will happen when the Marvel Universe at large discovers their treachery? Steve Rogers and Tony Stark are on a dangerous collision course – and before it’s over, only one of them will be left standing.
The Earth-shattering clash of the Avengers and New Avengers is upon us, and it all starts here! But when the dust clears, is there still a world worth fighting for? Find out as Earth’s Mightiest are thrust headlong into Original Sin this May in AVENGERS #29!
The tickets for the first-ever “Nashville” Concert Tour with series stars Charles Esten, Clare Bowen, Jonathan Jackson, Sam Palladio and Chris Carmack went on sale April 4 and sold out within minutes. Another date has been added for Monday, May 5 at Tower Theater in Philadelphia and tickets go on sale April 19. Tour dates previously announced and sold-out are April 25, Joe’s Bar in Chicago, May 4, Lincoln Theatre in Washington, DC and May 6, Best Buy Theater in New York City. Will Chase joins his cast mates for the New York concert only.
Tickets for Philadelphia go on sale Saturday, April 19 at 10:00 a.m. at www.ticketmaster.com.
The tour is presented by the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corporation and produced by the Opry Entertainment Group.
From 8:00-10:00 p.m., ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” finished as Monday’s most-watched TV series for the 5th week in a row, topping NBC’s “The Voice” in head-to-head competition by a best-of-season 2.5 million viewers (14.2 million vs. 11.7 million). “Dancing” also posted its most competitive finish this season with “The Voice” in Adults 18-49, pulling within one rating point (2.3/7 vs. 3.3/10). In fact, “Dancing” took 2nd in the 2-hour time period over CBS and Fox across all key Adults (AD18-34/AD18-49/AD25-54) and Teens 12-17, while beating “The Voice” in Kids 2-11 for the broadcast lead. “DWTS” was the No. 1 most social broadcast series on Monday night with 129,774 tweets.
- On a night celebrating the music of Disney’s animated movies, “DWTS” was up week to week by 5% in Adults 18-49 to tie its 2nd-highest rating this season, whileearning new season highs with Teen 12-17 and Kids 2-11.In addition, the show was up over the same night last year (13.4 million and 2.2/6 on 4/14/13) in Total Viewers(+6%) and Adults 18-49 (+5%), marking its 3rd straight week of year-to-year growth on both measures.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Create a campaign using this LINK before May 2nd focusing on (see FAQ’s for more details, US-based campaigns only):
- Revitalization or community development
- Green initiatives
- Education or career building
- Already created a campaign? Simply email ChangeTheGame@brandmovers.com with the following details to request entry into the Contest:
- Link to your campaign, Name and Phone Number (allow for 24 hour response time)
- Participating campaigns will be displayed on Disney’s Million Dollar Arm Page on Indiegogo
- Participating campaigners can keep all funds raised through their Indiegogo campaign and will eligible for the grand prize to be announced on May 30th.
- April 15-May 2nd: Contestants may enter the Contest by creating new campaigns or submitting existing campaigns
- May 2-15th: Disney to conduct finalist selection process (Campaigns may continue to run throughout the entirety of the Contest and beyond)
- May 16th: Top 5 finalists announced
- May 16-23rd: Public voting for Grand Prize Winner
- May 30th: Grand Prize Winner and First Prize Winners are announced
- For Contest-related questions, please see FAQ’s below or email
- For Indiegogo campaign strategy or support, see FAQ’s below or email email@example.com
- Abbreviated Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entry period ends on 5/2/14 at 11:59:59PM PST. Contest ends on 5/23/14 at 11:59:59PM PST. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C. (excluding U.S. territories and possessions) who are 18+ (or age of majority in their state) as of the time of entry. For full details, restrictions, and limitations, see Official Rules. Sponsor: ABC, Inc. d/b/a Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
ENTRY CRITERIA – ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Campaigns must speak to one of the following areas:
- Revitalization or new community development: These Campaigns must focus on revitalization efforts in an Entrant’s local community focused on families including but not limited to parks, community centers, libraries, etc.
- Green Initiatives: These Campaigns must focus on benefiting the Entrant’s local community and ensure that any “environmental” benefits/claims can be substantiated.
- Education or career building: These Campaigns must focus on benefiting the Entrant’s local community
*Note: You can select any “category” on Indiegogo when creating your campaign, as long as the campaign itself focuses on one of the above areas.
To qualify as a MDA finalist, ideas must meet the campaign requirements provided in the Official Rules.
FINALIST SELECTION CRITERIA
Campaigns will be scored from 1-10 in each of the following sections by a judging panel within Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The top five (5) highest scoring campaigns will be selected as a finalist:
- Creativity and originality (33%)
- Campaign that best celebrates the inspirational spirit behind the movie “Million Dollar Arm” and recognizes an individual with a game changing idea that revitalizes or improves a local community and or the lifestyle of the residents within the community (34%)
- Campaigns which have obtained at least ten (10) contributions during the Entry Period (33%)
GRAND PRIZE WINNER VOTING PROCESS
The five (5) Finalists’ Campaigns will be open to the public for voting to determine the Grand Prize Winner. Criteria shall be based on which Campaign best celebrates the inspirational spirit behind the motion picture “Million Dollar Arm” and recognizes an individual with a game changing idea that revitalizes or improves a local community and or the lifestyle of the residents within the community.
Each of the Finalists will be assigned a unique hashtag and the general public will vote by posting the unique hashtags on the following social media sites:
The public voting is limited to three (3) votes total per person as follows: one vote per Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The Campaign with the most public votes will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner and the other four (4) Campaigns will be named First Place Prize Winners.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
- Grand Prize Winner shall receive a $25,000 contribution towards their campaign.
- Four (4) finalists (First Place Prize Winners) shall receive $2,500 each towards their campaign
- *All participating camaigners will receive discounted rates on their Indiegogo fees and will be able to keep the funds raised during their campaign, regardless if they are selected as a winner.
HOW LONG DOES THE APPLICATION PROCESS TAKE?
There is a 24 hour turnaround time (during business days) to review entry requests. Once a campaign has been approved of meeting all requirements, it will be live on the Million Dollar Arm Page on Indiegogo.
Please note that all submissions must be received by 11:59pm PST on May 2, 2014. Any submission sent after this time will not be considered. If you’re campaign is not accepted into the Million Dollar Arm Contest, you can still move forward and raise funds with your campaign on Indiegogo, however you will not be eligible to receive any prize money.
ARE THERE FEES FOR USING INDIEGOGO?
Transaction fees apply to all campaigns raising funds on Indiegogo. All participating campaigners launching on the Million Dollar Arm Page on Indiegogoshall receive a 25% discount on these fees, which equate to the following:
- Campaign fee (goal reached): 3%
- Campaign fee (goal not reached): 6.75%
CAN I PARTICIPATE IF I’M LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE US?
Only campaigners launching campaigns in the United States will be considered for entry into the contest.
GOING LIVE WITH YOUR CAMPAIGN
Campaigns can launch anytime between April 15th and May 2nd. For campaigns launching from this LINK, once you click on “go live”, an approval request will be sent to Disney to approve your campaign to go live. Your campaign will only display on the Million Dollar Arm Page on Indiegogo once it is live and has raised at least $1.00.
HOW LONG CAN MY CAMPAIGN RUN?
Campaigns can run for a maximum of 60 days. Most successful campaigns run for an average of 40 days on Indiegogo. Your campaign can run throughout the entirety of the Contest and beyond, as long as it doesn’t extend past the 60 day maximum.
TIPS FOR RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN ON INDIEGOGO
Earlier today, Broadway’s cast of “Aladdin” performed Prince Ali on ABC’s The View. from the New Amsterdam Theatre. The show is also scheduled to be featured on Nightline tonight,
ABC has released two videos from last night’s Disney Night on Dancing with the Stars.
Watch the first perfect score of the season! James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd dance Contemporary to Frozen’s “Let It Go” on Disney Night:
Watch Cheryl Burke and Drew Carey Quickstep to Aladdin’s “Friend Like Me”: