Making its world premiere at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival on June 10 isFeast, a new short from first-time director Patrick Osborne (head of animation, Paperman) and Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The story of one man’s love life is seen through the eyes of his best friend and dog, Winston, and revealed bite by bite through the meals they share. The short will open in theaters in front of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ new action-packed, big-screen adventure Big Hero 6 n November 7. Check out the first-look image above!
The Orlando Sentinel writes a St. Cloud woman has been accused of misrepresenting herself as a travel agent and receiving $5,000 for a Disney Cruise that was never booked.
DisneyCruiseLineBlog.com reports Disney has modified their 11-night Norweigian Fjords and Iceland repositioning cruise replacing the stop at Faroe Islands with Scotland.
This weekend, Marvel returns to Chicago for C2E2 2014! And the Marvel Booth (Booth #327) is going to be the place to be all weekend, with the hottest creators in the industry bringing fans all that they’ve been craving and more! Over the course of the three day, mega-event, Marvel is bringing the fan service with tons of events, signing, and exciting giveaways that will make C2E2 2014 an event to remember! Be sure to stop by the Marvel Booth (Booth #327) for your chance to get in on the fun all weekend!
The Marvel Booth (Booth #327) is your one-stop shop for excitement, entertainment and prizes at the convention! Tons of great giveaways, costume contests live game shows and exclusive Marvel video game demos await you!
Plus, the Marvel Booth at C2E2 is your very first chance to get your hands on the coveted glow-in-the-dark Original Sin Watcher Eyeball – before they’re available in stores! Free Watcher Eyeballs and Iron Man masks will be distributed to fans throughout the weekend, while supplies last. Stop by the booth periodically for your chance to be the first to get your hands on these red hot promo items!
But that’s not all True Believer! Stan “The Man” Lee himself will be signing at the Marvel booth from 4:15PM – 5:15PM on Friday! Don’t miss your once in a lifetime opportunity to meet the legend himself and get something signed! A limited number of tickets to the signing will be distributed at the Marvel Booth the morning of the signing, as soon as the convention opens. Tickets are first come, first served so get there early!
And that’s not all because we have an all-star cast of your favorite Marvel creators who will be at the booth signing all weekend long! Swing by and visit Marvel writers and artists including none other than Mark Waid, Charles Soule, Brian Posehn, Skottie Young, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Jason Latour, Ryan Stegman and many, many more!
Can’t make it to the convention? Follow along on the Marvel.com and @Marvel on Twitter, the best way to get exclusive photos and videos, real-time announcements from the convention floor and up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth, and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators!
Lyn, was was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s at the age of 40 visited Disneyland. Her sister posted an open letter to Disney regarding their experience:
How do I adequately thank you for the gift you gave my sister Lyn in her recent visit? You gave her a moment that enchanted her and that paused time around her. You gave my Mom and me a memory that we will keep for her for the rest of our lives. You see, my sister has Early On-set Alzheimer’s and is rapidly loosing her ability to remember basic skills, names or memories laid down in her own recent history. She’s long spoken about wanting to visit Disneyland and we were able to make that happen earlier this month. You, dear Disney, made the rest happen and, for that, we are deeply grateful
You can read the full letter here.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in Frozen, is continuing his relationship with Disney. The actor has set up an untitled live-action tentpole family adventure comedy with a sci-fi twist being co-written with his writing partner Ryan Dixon. No information about the plot has been released.
Disney has announced “Feel the Force” Dining Package for Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It includes VIP viewing for the Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade at Min and Bill’s Dockside Dinner from 1100 to noon. This includes a snack, water, and soft drinks. It also includes access to a dessert party for the “Symphony in the Stars” Fireworks as well as a collectible Star Wars Weekends photopass card that includes Star Wars Weekends photos.
The Feel the Force Dining Event will take place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 16-June 15, 2014.
Cost is $54 for adults, $32 for ages 3 to 11, including tax and gratuity. Walk-up sales will be available until Feel the Force Premium Package is sold out. To purchase the packages, go to disneyworld.com/spring or call 407-WDW-DINE.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lupita Nyong’o and Scarlett Johansson are in the middle of negotiations to join Disney’s live-action/CGI The Jungle Book remake. The film is being directed by Jon Favreau.
According to the report Nyong’o would voice Rakcha, the mother wolf that adopts Mowgli. Johnasson would voice Kaa. Previously Idris Elba was cast to voice Shere Kahn.
Johansson is currently filming Avengers: Age of Ultron while Nyong’o has been rumored to be considered for a role in Star Wars: Episode VII. Due to the roles being voice-only, neither their filming schedules nor Johansson’s pregnancy should have any impact on their participation in The Jungle Book.
The 45th season of Monday Night Football will kick off on ESPN with a doubleheader Monday, September 8 – New York Giants at Detroit Lions (7 p.m. ET) and San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals (10:15 p.m. / 7:15 p.m. PT). ESPN’s 17-game prime time schedule in 2014 will feature all 12 playoff teams from 2013, including both the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks and AFC champion Denver Broncos.
In the opener, Eli Manning and the Giants travel to the Motor City to face Matthew Stafford and the Lions. It will be the first MNF kick-off game in Detroit since September 1971, the second year of sports television’s signature series.
In the late game, Philip Rivers and the Chargers – who advanced to the AFC Divisional Playoffs in 2014 – face Larry Fitzgerald and the Arizona Cardinals, who just missed the playoffs a year ago with a 10-6 record. The game will be played at University of Phoenix Stadium, which will host the 2015 Pro Bowl (on ESPN) and Super Bowl XLIX.
Play-by-play commentator Mike Tirico, analyst Jon Gruden and sideline reporter Lisa Salters will call the Giants vs. Lions, and the MNF games each week at 8:15 p.m. (kickoff at 8:30 p.m.). The commentators for the West Coast game will be announced at a later date.
All ESPN MNF games will be available on tablets and computers via WatchESPN. ESPN Deportes, ESPN’s 24-hour Spanish-language domestic sports network, will also continue to offer a Spanish-language production of MNF games during the 2014 NFL season. Additional MNF “game around the game” content will be available throughout the day across ESPN platforms, including the Monday Night Countdown pregame and post-game SportsCenter. The week-by-week MNF schedule:
September: Tom Brady takes the Pats to K.C.
- Sept. 8: Season-opening doubleheader – Giants at Lions and Chargers at Cardinals;
- Sept. 15: Nick Foles and the NFC East champion Philadelphia Eagles face Andrew Luck and theIndianapolis Colts, winners of the AFC South a year ago;
- Sept. 22: Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears vs. the New York Jets, potentially with Michael Vick at quarterback. The game also pits one of the NFL’s top offensive head coaches, the Bears’ Marc Trestman, against defensive-minded Jets head coach Rex Ryan;
- Sept. 29: Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs host Tom Brady and the AFC East champion New England Patriots at one of the NFL’s loudest venues, Arrowhead Stadium, in a matchup of 2013 AFC playoff teams.
October: Super Bowl champs travel to D.C. – Russell Wilson vs. RG III; Plus, Skins vs. Cowboys in Texas
- Oct. 6: Russell Wilson and the Super Bowl champion Seahawks travel to the Nation’s Capital to play Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins. It will be a homecoming for Wilson who grew up in Virginia, and for MNF’s Gruden, whose brother, Jay Gruden, is the first-year head coach of the Redskins.
- Oct. 13: NFC West rivals collide near the Arch when Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ersplay Sam Bradford and the St. Louis Rams in a key divisional game.
- Oct. 20: J.J. Watt and the Houston Texans face Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers.First-year Texans coach Bill O’Brien, the former Penn State coach, also makes his return to the Keystone State.
- Oct. 27: One of the NFL’s best rivalries is renewed on MNF when Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys host Griffin, the former Baylor standout, and the Redskins in an NFC East divisional battle.
November: Luck vs. Eli Manning at MetLife
- Nov. 3: Luck and the Colts face Eli Manning and the Giants at MetLife Stadium.
- Nov. 10: Cam Newton and the NFC South champion Carolina Panthers against Foles and the Eagles in a matchup of 2013 NFC playoff teams.
- Nov. 17: Roethlisberger and the Steelers travel to the Music City to play the Tennessee Titans under new head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
- Nov. 24: Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens return to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, site of their Super Bowl XLVII victory, to play Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints.
December: Get ready for the cold – and elite quarterbacks Ryan, Rodgers, Brees and Peyton Manning
- Dec. 1: In the first of four December MNF games in cold weather cities, the Jets host Ryan Tannehill and the Miami Dolphins in a matchup of AFC East foes.
- Dec. 8: Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons go toe-to-toe with Aaron Rodgers and the NFC North champion Green Bay Packers at historic Lambeau Field.
- Dec. 15: Brees and the Saints go marching into Soldier Field in Chicago to play Cutler and the Bears.
- Dec. 22: In the MNF season-finale, NFL MVP Peyton Manning and the AFC West champion Broncos face Andy Dalton and the Cincinnati Bengals, winners of the AFC North a year ago. The game also extends Denver’s streak of 23 consecutive seasons playing on MNF (1992-present), an NFL best.
Postseason: MNF crew to call its first Wild Card Playoff and Pro Bowl
- Wild Card Game: ESPN will televise a Wild Card playoff game during the 2014 season, the first NFL playoff game in the company’s 35-year history.
- Pro Bowl: In addition to the Wild Card game, the MNF crew will call the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl on January 25, 2015 to kick off Super Bowl XLIX week in Arizona.
The Disney Movies Anywhere app for iOS has been updated. According to the description, version 1.0.11 features the following improvements:
Revamped download capability:
- Improved progress bar indicator
- Ability to pause a download and resume
- Better handling of downloads when the app is in the background
- Offline mode improvements
General user interface and usability improvements
You can download the app here.