A few fun facts about the scope of Christmas at Disney World…
- 1,300 decorated trees throughout property
- A wreath 25 feet in diameter adorning the Cirque du Soleil building at Downtown Disney West Side
- 10 miles of twinkling rope lights in the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 150 semi-trailer truckloads of decorations for 24 resorts, 4 theme parks, Downtown Disney and other locations
- 15 miles of garland strung and 1,314 wreaths hung throughout the Vacation Kingdom
- 300,000 yards of ribbon and bows draping over Christmas trees across property
- 8.5 million lights strung throughout Walt Disney World Resort
- 98 percent of the lighting used for holiday décor is LED, 2 percent is compact florescent
- 11 countries dressed for Holidays Around the World at Epcot World Showcase
- More than 800 performers each night during Candlelight Processional at Epcot
- More than 200 guest choirs during the entire run of Candlelight Processional
- A Christmas tree in Magic Kingdom with a base 26 feet wide
- One 70-foot-tall tree takes center stage in Disney’s Contemporary Resort entrance lobby featuring nearly 35,800white LED lights
- 6 life-sized creations cooked up by Walt Disney World pastry chefs, including:
- One 16-foot-tall gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa baked with 1,050 pounds of honey and involving more than 160 hours of decorating
- One life-size gingerbread carousel at Disney’s Beach Club Resort featuring ponies made of chocolate and fondant, giant candy cane poles, handcrafted poinsettias and hand-painted portraits of famous Disney characters
- 100 percent chance of snow flurries during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, taking place on select holiday evenings in Magic Kingdom
- 365 days of the year that guests can shop for holiday merchandise at the Disney’s Days of Christmas shop in Downtown Disney Marketplace
- Our newest ship, Disney’s Fantasy has 931′ garland, 66 sprays, 27 wreaths, 38 trees ranging from 2′ to 20′ and more than 17,000 individual LED lights — 11,000 of which adorn the 20′ lobby tree. The tree has a variety of custom ornaments made from existing elements such as Peacocks and ornate crystal shapes.
FULTON’S CRAB HOUSE LAUNCHES KID COOKING CLASSES FOR AUGUST The seafood-centric restaurant offers hands-on experience for the little ones to learn about cooking in the...
Phil Holmes, Vice President of Magic Kingdom since 2001 and a Cast Member since 1971, is switching places with Dan Cockrell, Vice President of...
More details have been announced about the Disney Parks & Resorts offerings at the D23 Expo. The pavilion on the show floor will give...
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is ready to celebrate its first anniversary on August 3, 2015, and what an incredible...