A few fun facts about the scope of Christmas at Disney World…
- 1,300 decorated trees throughout property
- A wreath 25 feet in diameter adorning the Cirque du Soleil building at Downtown Disney West Side
- 10 miles of twinkling rope lights in the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 150 semi-trailer truckloads of decorations for 24 resorts, 4 theme parks, Downtown Disney and other locations
- 15 miles of garland strung and 1,314 wreaths hung throughout the Vacation Kingdom
- 300,000 yards of ribbon and bows draping over Christmas trees across property
- 8.5 million lights strung throughout Walt Disney World Resort
- 98 percent of the lighting used for holiday décor is LED, 2 percent is compact florescent
- 11 countries dressed for Holidays Around the World at Epcot World Showcase
- More than 800 performers each night during Candlelight Processional at Epcot
- More than 200 guest choirs during the entire run of Candlelight Processional
- A Christmas tree in Magic Kingdom with a base 26 feet wide
- One 70-foot-tall tree takes center stage in Disney’s Contemporary Resort entrance lobby featuring nearly 35,800white LED lights
- 6 life-sized creations cooked up by Walt Disney World pastry chefs, including:
- One 16-foot-tall gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa baked with 1,050 pounds of honey and involving more than 160 hours of decorating
- One life-size gingerbread carousel at Disney’s Beach Club Resort featuring ponies made of chocolate and fondant, giant candy cane poles, handcrafted poinsettias and hand-painted portraits of famous Disney characters
- 100 percent chance of snow flurries during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, taking place on select holiday evenings in Magic Kingdom
- 365 days of the year that guests can shop for holiday merchandise at the Disney’s Days of Christmas shop in Downtown Disney Marketplace
- Our newest ship, Disney’s Fantasy has 931′ garland, 66 sprays, 27 wreaths, 38 trees ranging from 2′ to 20′ and more than 17,000 individual LED lights — 11,000 of which adorn the 20′ lobby tree. The tree has a variety of custom ornaments made from existing elements such as Peacocks and ornate crystal shapes.
DisneyStore.com is offering a limited time release of select products from Disney Parks' "Twenty Eight & Main" line of men's products. These products will...
Fulton’s Crab House, the quintessential seafood restaurant in Downtown Disney, celebrates the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (September 25 – November 16)...
As part of the ongoing expansion of Walt Disney World and due to increased guest visitation, the Reedy Creek Improvement District approved a $350...
Walt Disney World has added the Eat to the Beat concert series, which is part of the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot,...