Today, Disney Digital Network launched the new “Club Mickey Mouse,” an always-on digital- and social-first variety program, and revealed the eight teens selected as the next class of Mouseketeers. Starting today, “Club Mickey Mouse” follows the journey of the new Mouseketeers as they create new music and choreography and build friendships. Developed in partnership with HP Inc., the program lives on Facebook and Instagram through Facebook Anthology. Viewers can follow the program via @ClubMickeyMouse accounts on Facebook and Instagram.
“Club Mickey Mouse” is one of the first programs created entirely for social feeds. The new Mouseketeers are true digital-first creators, selected with talent, authenticity, and attainability in mind. Over the course of seven weeks, they will share their journey on the @ClubMickeyMouse Instagram and Facebook accounts through Instagram stories, Boomerangs and Facebook Live videos, as they document the behind-the-scenes process of writing their own songs, choreographing their dances, and their experiences on set. Each week will culminate in a unique musical performance and a marquee music video. Walt Disney Records will also distribute the original music weekly through online music stores, including a new “Club Mickey Mouse” theme song which will be released on September 12, 2017.
The new class of “Club Mickey Mouse” Mousketeers includes:
- Regan Aliyah (@regan_ux) - Regan Aliyah, 18, is a fourth-generation entertainer, lyricist and MC. Drawing inspiration from the community around her, Regan prides herself on being a socially conscious artist and creator.
- Jenna Alvarez (@jennazalvarez) - Jenna Alvarez, 15, has been dancing for most of her life and is an expert in ballet and hip hop. A promising young vocalist, Jenna is ready to share her talent with the world through “Club Mickey Mouse.”
- Ky Baldwin (@iamkybaldwin) - Ky Baldwin, 16, moved from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles with his family to follow his dreams as a singer, songwriter, and dancer. With nearly 100 million views online, Ky’s music videos light up the hearts of his fans around the world.
- Gabe De Guzman (@gabedofficial) - Gabe De Guzman, 16, is a professional dancer who has shared the stage with some of the biggest stars in music. After being bullied for his love of dance, Gabe hopes to inspire kids to always be true to themselves and do what they love.
- Leanne Tessa Langston (@leannetessa_) - Leanne Tessa Langston, 17, is an aspiring singer, songwriter, and dancer. Leanne lends her unique lyrics and melodies to original tracks for “Club Mickey Mouse.”
- Brianna Mazzola (@brianna.mazzola) - Brianna Mazzola, 17, brings her passion for music, dance, and acting to “Club Mickey Mouse.” Originally from Philadelphia, Brianna’s soulful voice makes her performances unforgettable.
- Sean Oliu (@sean_oliu) - Sean Oliu, 15, is a multi-talented instrumentalist and vocalist. Inspired by the music of the 1950’s, Sean blends Rockabilly flair with pop music to create a new, fresh sound and style.
- Will Simmons (@bigwillsimmons) - Will Simmons, 17, is a dancer and choreographer with iconic moves and an infectious spirit. Will has performed with legendary artists and shares his choreography experience with the Club.
Along the way, popular social media influencers Todrick Hall (@todrick) and Alisha Marie (@alisha) will join the Club as mentors to share their expertise in choreography, style, and navigating social media fandom.
“From the original cast of Mousketeers to the pop power of the 1990’s ‘Mickey Mouse Club,’ this franchise has always discovered, nurtured, and incubated original talent who have gone on to do great things and make a real impact on culture,” said Sugerman. “We’re excited to continue that legacy and to welcome the Mousketeers into our network of Maker creators, support their crafts as authentic songwriters, choreographers, and artists, and bring a new generation of teens back into the Club.”