LP Lotion: Hong Kong Disneyland - Disney on Parade
Page 1 of 10
Hong Kong Disneyland - Disney On Parade
Below are pictures of Hong Kong Disneyland's parade along with the parade's press release:
Every day the stars from Walt Disney's classic animated films come to life in "Disney On Parade," a lavish moving spectacle in Hong Kong Disneyland Park.
Disney "celebrities" -- including Mickey Mouse, Snow White, Ariel, Chip 'n' Dale and the Cheshire Cat -- perform in the daily parade that winds throughout much of the theme park. The parade begins in Fantasyland and passes in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and down Main Street, U.S.A.
Nearly 100 performers and technicians plus articulated puppet figures are part of the colorful parade. Michael Jung, creative director for Walt Disney Creative Entertainment, was in charge of developing the parade along with other live shows for the new park. He was joined by a staff of show business veterans from New York, Hollywood and other Disney parks.
Here's the lineup of gala floats featured in the new parade:
- Lead Float: Gaily costumed dancers surround the lead float inviting everyone to "Join the Magic." A specially written musical theme reinforces the invitation.
- Band Leader Mickey: Mickey Mouse is an articulated inflatable figure that towers seven meters high (approximately 23 feet). He leads the 15-member Hong Kong Disneyland Marching Band. Band Leader Mickey is one of the largest moving inflatables ever used in a Disney park parade.
- Animation Float: The mischievous chipmunks, Chip 'n' Dale, salute early animation as they turn pages to make the earliest kind of motion picture magic.
- Walt Disney Studios Float: Dancers wearing skirts that resemble large movie-film reels lead the Walt Disney Studios float depicting Mickey's adventurous role in the cartoon short, "Plane Crazy." Mickey is flying high above a black-and-white film set that transitions to a colorful scene depicting Walt Disney's groundbreaking, full-color animation.
- Disney Princesses: The Princess float is led by Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. She rides aboard a rolling Wishing Well. Just behind, under the glare of the wicked queen, is Princess Aurora from Disney's animated classic "Sleeping Beauty." Following close behind are Cinderella, her Fairy Godmother and her loyal mice friends, Suzy and Perla. A giant castle clock tolls the movie's famed "midnight hour."
- Alice in Wonderland: Alice rides aboard a giant psychedelic mushroom with Dancing Flowers, the Cheshire Cat and a pompous Caterpillar towering behind. Alongside the float, the Queen of Hearts chases the White Rabbit while Gooney Birds and Dancing Pansies whirl along the way.
- The Little Mermaid: This float brings a wildly colorful procession led by seahorses, coral dancers, starfish and little octopi. Ariel, the star of Disney's hit animated film, "The Little Mermaid," rides a seahorse alongside her fish-friend Flounder while the courtly crustacean, Sebastian, leads a watery-world chorus of the 1989 Oscar-winning song "Under The Sea."
- Toy Story: Sarge and the Green Army Men lead the radio-controlled car "RC" with Buzz Lightyear at the controls while Woody and his girlfriend Jessie twirl their lariats atop an old-fashioned, toy record player. Parade performers surrounding the float include junior Space Rangers riding wheeled tennis shoes. Rex the chubby green dinosaur and a chatty Mr. Spell join in the chorus of the Oscar-nominated tune "You've Got a Friend in Me."
- Finale Castle Float: Starring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Disney's own royal family stages a party atop the grandest float of all, a rolling replica of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Nearby are Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and Pluto. An upbeat, contemporary version of the parade theme music heard at the start of the procession completes the party atmosphere.