A former Disney Cast Member who performed in Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Festival of the Lion King show is suing Disney, alleging that the company fired her due to her pregnancy.
- As the Orlando Sentinel reports, Krista Crowder has filed a suit against Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Disney Worldwide Services for discrimination.
- Crowder, who was a ballerina in the show, says she went on leave in November 2015 after become pregnant with twins, giving birth in June of 2016.
- She says she later received a letter of termination on June 20th of that year and was asked to audition for her role.
- According to the lawsuit, “The audition requirement was against Disney Parks protocol which should have only required a costume fit and a rehearsal.”
- In October 2016, Crowder auditioned after losing the 60 pounds she gained during pregnancy but says she was told she was no longer needed.
- A Disney spokesperson told the Sentinel, “We have a longstanding policy against workplace discrimination and we will respond to the allegations as appropriate in court.”
- Crowder now sings at the Universal Orlando Resort.