Famous art book publisher, Taschen is about to release its newest book, Walt Disney’s Disneyland. Author Chris Nichols focuses on the history of the world’s most beloved theme park in this book that will make a great addition to any collection.
- Author Chris Nichols takes fans on an incredible visual journey through the “happiest place on Earth” in his new book that explores the history and creation of Disneyland.
- Walt Disney’s Disneyland will be released on September 12, 2018 and is currently available for pre-order.
- This stunning book is a must for Disney and history fans. Covering the detailed process of building an entertainment haven, Nichols’ book will impress, delight, and inspire readers of all ages.
About Walt Disney’s Disneyland:
- “Walt Disney dreamed for decades about opening the ultimate entertainment venue, but it wasn’t until the early 1950s that his handpicked team began to bring his vision to life. From the day it opened on July 17, 1955, Disneyland brought history and fairy tales to life, the future into the present, and exciting cultures and galaxies unknown to our imaginations.”
- “This bountiful visual history draws on Disney’s vast historical collections, private archives, and the golden age of photojournalism to provide unique access to the concept, development, launch, and enjoyment of this sun-drenched oasis of fun and fantasy. Disneyland documents Walt’s earliest inspirations and ideas; the park’s extraordinary feats of design and engineering; its grand opening; each of its immersive “lands” from Main Street, U.S.A., to Tomorrowland; and the park’s evolution through the six decades since it opened. It is a treasure trove of Disney original documentation and expertise, with award-winning writer Chris Nichols drawing on his extensive knowledge of both Disneyland and Southern California history to reveal the fascinating tale of “the happiest place on Earth.”