Over the weekend, a woman walked into the lobby of Animal Kingdom Lodge claiming someone had handed her a newborn baby. As WFTV is now reporting, the child was her own.
- Early on Sunday morning, a woman walked into Animal Kingdom lobby holding a newborn baby and claiming that someone had handed the child to her.
- According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, the child is actually hers.
- The woman was identified as 32 year old Cassandra Durham.
- ABC Affiliate WFTV 9, reports that around 2 am on Sunday, Durham walked in the lobby or the resort saying an unknown woman had just handed her the newborn baby wrapped in bloody towels.
- Durham reportedly told the Cast Member at the front desk that she was “smoking a cigarette in the garage when a woman, of which she provided a vague description, walked up to her and handed her the baby.”
- Reedy Creek fire department responded to the call for assistance and transported the baby to Celebration Hospital. The child was in good health and reportedly still had its umbilical cord attached.
- Durham has been taken to a facility “for evaluation and treatment.” She is currently facing a charge of child neglect.