According to reports, veteran Disney voice actor Jim Cummings has been accused of rape and animal abuse by his ex-wife. Documents filed in Los Angeles court by Stephanie Cummings detail his alleged actions of misconduct.
- In a recent update from The Blast it was reported that both Mr. and Ms. Cummings were granted restraining orders against each other that will remain in effect until May 2022.
- Neither is allowed within 100 yards of the other except during child visitation interactions.
- Mr. Cummings was awarded primary custody of his daughters however, the Court admonished both parents for “keeping the kids in the middle,” of their ugly spat.
What they’re saying:
- Larry Bakman, Stephanie’s attorney to The Blast, “While I understand that the Court was child focused in this matter, having given the children’s best interest priority, I have to respectfully disagree with the Court’s conclusions.”
- The Blast and Page Six are reporting that voice actor Jim Cummings has been accused of misconduct by his ex-wife.
- The couple married in 2001 and divorced in 2011. They have recently been battling in court over allegations of Mr. Cummings’ misconduct and treatment of Ms. Cummings since they divorced up through 2018.
- The couple also have two daughters under the age of 18.
- Ms. Cummings claims that she’s previously filed two restraining orders against Mr. Cummings along with accusing the actor of:
- Rape and sexual assault
- Drug use
- Animal abuse
- Ms. Cummings is claiming fear for their daughters’ safety and is seeking full custody of the girls.
What she’s saying:
- Stephanie Cummings on sexual misconduct: “[he] has engaged in physical, sexual and emotional abuse including but not limited to death threats, rape, and various sexual deviant behavior forced upon me without my consent.”
- Stephanie Cummings on an August 2011 incident: “He later came up behind me, grabbed my arm, spun me around, and forcefully put his hand on the back of my neck and kissed me while holding me in place against the wall.”
- Stephanie Cummings on drug use: “The primary reason James and I separated was his abuse of alcohol, marijuana, and Adderall.”
- Stephanie Cummings on animal abuse: Jim, “took the dog and placed it inside a metal bucket outside of the house on a day which it was over 100 degrees, then left it there for a long time. The dog came close to dying.”
- Stephanie Cummings on a separate animal incident: Jim had reportedly, “taken a broom and hit the puppy so hard that he shattered the puppy’s hip necessitating surgery.”
What he’s saying:
- Jim Cummings in an email to his ex regarding the August 2011 incident: “Shame on you, you’re [sic] distortions are obscene. ‘forcing’? Please, everyone, Gracie myself and especially YOU were all giggling and laughing, it was pleasant to have one moment of light-heartedness. We both erupted into laughter…I’m hardly the first person in the world to point out one ‘catches more flys [sic] with honey than vinegar’ for you to overlay a reference to being a whore is little too telling, Let’s get this over with for the love of God.”
- Jim Cummings on alleged drug use: “I entered that rehab facility voluntarily. However, Petitioner’s claim that it was a binge on alcohol, marijuana and Adderall is another exaggeration as I have never taken Adderall…Petitioner, however, has had a long standing [sic] history of drug abuse. On the day that Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Petitioner and I mutually agreed to check into a rehabilitation facility.”
- Jim Cummings on the animal abuse incident: “There was an incident where I put a ‘tub’ over a dog to isolate it briefly as a form of discipline to its behavior at our vet’s suggestion, and unfortunately I forgot the dog was there for a while, but then of course I released it.”
- Jim Cummings on his ex’s behavior: “She will have outbursts of hostility directed at me, and often change in her behavior and attitude comes without warning.”
- Jim Cummings on threats made towards him: “[She would say] I will go and I will ruin your reputation…I am going to tell people Winnie the Pooh is a woman beating, drug addicted freak!”
Cummings’ long history with Disney:
- Cummings has had a long career in voice acting working on dozens of Disney projects. Some of his best know character voices are:
- Winnie the Pooh
- DarkWing Duck
- Ray (Firefly from Princess and the Frog)
- Hondo Ohnaka (Star Wars The Clone Wars, Resistance)
- The Blast says they’ve reached out to Disney but had not received a response at the time of publication.