DL Guide - Shopping
You may come to the park for the attractions, but just about everyone loves to shop, too. And bring home a souvenir.
Below are links to all lists of all the shops in each of the theme parks, hotels and Downtown Disney. There is also a link to a list of every restaurant in the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland List
- Disney's California Adventure List
- Downtown Disney List
- Grand Californian Hotel List
- Disneyland Hotel List
- Paradise Pier Hotel List
- List for the entire Disneyland Resort
There are numerious places to shop at the Disneyland Resort. Some of the more interesting places are:
- The Emporium: Located on Main Street. The Emporium is the largest shop at Disneyland. If you're looking for Disney Character or Disneyland merchandise, this is the first place to go.
- Candy Palace: Located on Main Street. Features a huge collection of candy and other sweet treats.
- Disneyana and The Disney Gallery: Disneyana is located on Main Street. The Disney Gallery is in New Orleans Square. These are the two best places for Disney collectibles in all price ranges.
- Main Street Magic Shop: Located on Main Street. Live demonstrations of the magic tricks are commonly done.
- New Century Timepieces: Located on Main Street. In addition to Disney watches and clocks of all kinds, you can purchase custom Disney art watches as well.
Disney's California Adventure
- Greetings From California: The DCA equivalent of Disneyland's Emporium.
- Off the Page: DCA's best shop for collectibles.
- Rizzo's Prop and Pawn: Muppet merchandise
- World of Disney: The largest shop selling Disney products in the Resort.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: Build your own bear - pick the pelt, stuff, fluff it, dress and name it.
- Illuminations: Decorative candles of all types. A fun shop to look through.
- Lego Imagination Center: A large variety of Lego products and a place for kids to go and build.
- Marceline's Confectionery: Candy!
- Sephora: If you'd like a makeover, this is the place to go.
- Acorn's Gifts and Goods (Grand Californian): Lots of gifts themed to the Arts and Crafts style of the hotel itself.
- Mickey Ears
The world famous Mickey ears can be purchased and customized at the Mad Hatter on Main Street, the Mad Hatter in Fantasyland or the Hatmosphere in Tomorrowland.
Disney balloons of many shapes and sizes are available on Main Street.
- Custom Disney Art Watches
Hand-drawn watches with a famous Disney scene and customized with a message are available at New Century Timepieces.
- Antenna Balls
Put a Mickey or Minnie antenna ball on your car. Seasonal antenna balls are also available.
Have a silhouette done with one or two people or one person and a character on Main Street at the Silhouette Studio.
- Engraved crystal
Crystal items, many of them Disney-themed are available at Crystal Arts on Main Street or Cristal d'Orleans in New Orleans Square. Many items can be customized with an engravement.
Funny and "goofy" hats of all types can be found at the Mad Hatter on Main Street or in Fantasyland.
Custom engraved parasols can be found at the Parasol Cart in New Orleans Square
Charcoal portraits of one or two people are done in New Orleans Square.
The Pioneer Mercantile in Frontierland offers a huge selection of flavored fudge!
- Avoid carrying packages around the park by using package check. There are several locations around both parks where you can take your packages and pick them up later. As the store clerk for the nearsest location.
- You can also avoid carrying packages by saving your purchases until just before you leave. This is especially useful for the Main Street shops since they usually stay open for up to an hour after the park's announced closing time.
- If you're a guest at one of Disney's hotels, you can request to have your packages delivered to your room.
Below are tips and comments from
shopping at Disneyland
Note: You must be registered to enter comments.
Click here to login/register.
Note: You must be registered to enter comments.
There's nothing cuter than a baby with Mickey ears on!!!!!! Am planning a trip to DL in the next 12 months and an glad to know of this tip. Before we had to take our buys to the locker rooms. Great idea. I suggest to buy small things first so then you don't have to carry them all along the park. Then before you leave buy the big things:) Note: Information in reader comments is sometimes based on rumors or incorrect information and should not be assumed true. Reader comments do not necessarily reflect the opinion of LaughingPlace.com or its editors.
-- BellaDonna76 (2/28/2003)
-- tianjin (7/22/2002)
-- juane (10/4/2000)
There's nothing cuter than a baby with Mickey ears on!!!!!!
Am planning a trip to DL in the next 12 months and an glad to know of this tip. Before we had to take our buys to the locker rooms. Great idea.
I suggest to buy small things first so then you don't have to carry them all along the park. Then before you leave buy the big things:)
Note: Information in reader comments is sometimes based on rumors or incorrect information and should not be assumed true. Reader comments do not necessarily reflect the opinion of LaughingPlace.com or its editors.
-- Last Updated May 13, 2003 (except reader comments)