The LaughingPlace Store
Page 1 of 1
"We Go On!"
Rebekah and I stayed home and watched live coverage from Disneyland on the Orange County News Channel. Many other LaughingPlace.com staffers were at the park, though, and called us periodically with live reports. All in all, it was a fabulous New Year's Eve. 1999 was a great year for LaughingPlace.com (of course it was, it was the only year for LaughingPlace.com). 2000 promises to be even better. We've got lots of fun stuff in store, some of it coming very soon. But we can't let the cat out of the bag yet, so stay tuned!
News of the Week
Here are last week's highlights.
- Fantasia/2000 has finally been released nationwide. Numerous stories and reviews have been written and all can be viewed in our Fantasia/2000 Guide.
- Disneyland Paris was hit hard by storms last week and even had to be closed for a day. Reuters had an article and The Disneyland Paris Guidebook had more details.
- An Orlando Sentinel article talked about the new Disney Dollars expected for the Millennium.
- The December 27th Los Angeles Times had an extensive Question and Answer session with Pixar's vice-president John Lasseter.
- Invitiations went our for Disneyland's Cinderella's Royal Ball celebrating the 50th anniversary of its release. Tickets are on sale now. Click here for more information.
- Disney released a schedule of video and DVD releases for 2000. Click here for the list.
- The Walt Disney Classics Collections added a beautiful new Bambi sculture. Click here for pictures and information.
- 1999 Collectors' Choice Award are announced Disney related products place first in the Bean Bag, Animation Art and Sculptures categories. Did your favorites win? Click here for find out.
-- Doobie Moseley (January 3, 2000)
Editor's Report: Doobie's look at the world of Disney and what's coming up on LaughingPlace.com in the coming week.
The Editor's Report is posted every Monday.