NFFC 2001 Convention Preview
Page 1 of 2
NFFC 2001 Convention
A Disneyana Odyssey: California or Bust
Next week - from July 15th through July 22nd, the NFFC - The Club for Disneyana Enthusiasts - will hold their annual convention in Anaheim, California. If you've never been to an NFFC convention before, you may want to give it a try. Chances are, if you're reading this website, you'd enjoy the convention. You can always count on Disney personalities of the past and present sharing insights on Disney's past, present and future whether it be the parks, the films, collectibles or Walt himself.
Below are some of the events scheduled for this year. Remember, events and speakers are subject to change without notice
Events & Speakers
Sunday, Juy 15th
Registration from noon to 5:00 p.m. For details on walk-in registrations, see the "How To Go" section below.
Monday, July 16th
No events scheduled.
Tuesday, July 17th
Annual Road Rally beginning at the picnic area of the Disneyland Resort at 11:30. Prior to that is the annual Convention Group Photo at 10:30 at the Rivers of America directly across from the Pirates of the Caribbean.
Wednesday, July 18th
Randy Thornton, Senior Producer, Walt Disney Records talks about the new Official Albums - DL, DCA, WDW
Thursday, July 19th
- Collector's Breakast "It All Started With a Mouse". Collectors displaying their Mouseabilia
- Jay Aldrich will speak on his personal collection of western Mickeys (one of the largest in the nation)
- Robert Olszewski, sculptor and founder of Olszewski Studios
- Dave Smith on Walt's 100th - "It Really All Started Before a Mouse"
- Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor - the voices behind the mice
Friday, July 21
- NFFC's Dennis Tanida talks folks there when the magic began: Milt Albright, Harriet Burns, Bill Evans, Bob Gurr, Sam McKim, Harrison "Buzz" Price
- Luncheon with a Disney Legend - Joyce Carlson, Jim Cora, Becky Fallberg and Burny Mattinson
- "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" - a presentation from those responsible for creating this soon-to-be-release film on Walt Disney.
Saturday, July 22
- Becky Carter from the Disneyland Resort on Pin Trading
- Steven Spiegel on the recent renovation of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Steven Davison on the Haunted Mansion holiday overlay
- Leslie Iwerks will speak about her grandfather, Disney Legend Ub Iwerks and showing a portion of her documentation on Ub Iwerks.
- "Celebration Under the Stars" banquet at the Festival Arena: There will be a special WDCC/WDAC sculpture unveiling event and Bill Farmer (the voice of Goofy and Pluto) will be joining the group in playing "The Lamest Link" for prizes and fun.
Sunday, July 22
The World's largest "Strictly Disneyana" Show and Sale. The sale is open to the public, but convention attendees can enter early.
How To Go
Convention registration is Sunday, July 15th from noon until 5:00 p.m. in Mazatlan Ballroom of the Crowne Plaza Hotel (one mile South of Disneyland at the corner of Harbor and Chapman). Walk-ins are permitted. If you have any questions, call (714) 731-4705.
- "Odyssey" Registration (Goodie Bag, all seminars, all ticketed events shown below): $219
- Full Registration (Goodie Bag, all seminars): $99
- Limited Package (Friday and Saturday only - registration is on Friday) $65
- Additional family members $27(does not include ticketed events)
Ticketed Events (some of these events may be sold out)
- Welcome reception Dinner $42
- NFFC Collector's Breakfast $21
- Luncheon with a Disney Legend $45
- Celebration Banquet ($50, $24 ages 3-10)
In addition, you must be an NFFC member to attend the convention. Membership is $24/year and can be purchased obtained at registration.
Note: All members are eligible to go to the Wednesday night Welcome reception and the Saturday night banquet regardless of whether or not you attend the rest of the convention.