Disney's Polynesian Resort
The Polynesian Resort
Click here for a larger version of this picture (1024 X 606)
Disney's Polynesian Resort
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Reservation Phone: 407-WDISNEY
Check In: 3:00p Out: 11:00a
The Polynesian Resort is one of the three resorts (along with the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness) that opened with Walt Disney World in 1971. It is themed to a Polynesian isle with a very laid back atmosphere, palm trees and a sandy beach. Add to that location on the Magic Kingdom Monorail loop and you have one popular Resort.
The Polynesian Resort is a sprawling resort with 11 buildings, 2 pools, a beach and a marina. Some of the important locations are:
- The Great Ceremonial House: Check in/out, the Monorail station, both restaurants and the quick service food location, and all the shops. The resort's single bus stop is also located just outside the building.
- The Marina: You'll find boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom (with a stop at the Grand Floridian as well). You can also rent various watercraft here.
- The Beach: Relax along the Seven Seas Lagoon with a view of the Magic Kingdom.
- Nanea Volcano Pool: The resort's main pool, hot tub and children's wading pool are located here.
- Tangaroa Building: Here you'll find The Neverland Club, Moana Mickey's Arcade and laundry facilities.
The rooms at the Polynesian Resort are located in one of nine buildings spread throughout the Resort. The buildings are a maximum of three floors tall so the result is quite a sprawling resort. Your distance from the various Resort amenities will vary depending on the building you end up in. You can request a building at the time you make your reservation, but those requests are not guaranteed.
- Aotearoa and Tonga: Close to the Great Ceremonial House and the Marina.
- Tuvalu: Close to the Marina. This building sticks the further out into Seven Seas Lagoon so views from here can be wondeful.
- Rarotonga, Niue and Samoa: Close to the Great Ceremonial House and the Nanea Volcano Pool. They are also close to the resort's leisure pool. Rarotonga is also close to the Tangaroa building.
- Tokela: Close to the leisure pool and the Tangaroa building.
- Rapa Nui and Tahiti: The two furthest buildings. They are, however, located closest to the walkway to the Transportation and Ticket Center.
847 Total Rooms
Typical room is 407 square feet. All Guest Rooms have two queen-size beds, day bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan and bathroom. Rooms for guests with disabilities and non-smoking rooms available.
suites are available
Concierge/Club Level? Yes
102 rooms. 6 suites. Club lounge offers continental breakfast, midday snacks, afternoon tea, evening wine and cheese and evening cordials and dessert.
Laundry facilities/services. In-room wall safe, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, voice mail, data port on phone (dial-up). Microwave and refridgerator are available upon request.
Through KinderCare and The Neverland Club.