As Aladdin is about to fly into theatres, Walt Disney Records is pleased to announce that ZAYN and Zhavia Ward will perform the fan favorite song, “A Whole New World” for the film’s end credits. Along with appearing on the end credits, the duo are featured in a brand new music video for the song.
- Singer/songwriter ZAYN and singer/songwriter Zhavia Ward are set to perform the magical duet “A Whole New World” for the upcoming film Aladdin.
- The song will be featured in the film’s end credits and on the Walt Disney Records soundtrack, and is available today as a single and music video.
- The timeless ballad—written for the original animated film—featuring Alan Menken’s beautiful melody and Howard Ashman’s unforgettable lyrics, received numerous awards upon its release in 1992.
- The Aladdin original motion picture soundtrack features an unforgettable score from:
- Alan Menken (Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid)
- New recordings of original songs written by Menken and Howard Ashman (Little Shop of Horrors)
- Tim Rice (The Lion King)
- One song written by Menken and songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (La La Land, Dear Evan Hansen)
- Additionally, actor and recording artist Will Smith and songwriter and producer DJ Khaled are set to perform a re-invented version of the classic song “Friend Like Me.”
- The song will be featured in the film’s end credit, on the Walt Disney Records soundtrack, and released as a single. The new updated rendition of the song is produced by DJ Khaled.
- The new original song featured in the film and included on the soundtrack is “Speechless,” performed by Jasmine (Naomi Scott).
- The song is Jasmine’s big breakout song in the film about finding her voice, and was written by Alan Menken and songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
- The digital soundtrack is available for pre-add on Apple Music, and pre-save on Spotify and is set for release on May 21 at 9:00pm PT.
- The Aladdin original motion picture soundtrack physical album is now available for pre-order and will be released on May 24.
The Aladdin soundtrack includes:
- "Arabian Nights”
- "One Jump Ahead"
- "One Jump Ahead (Reprise)"
- “Speechless” (Part 1)
- "Friend Like Me"
- "Prince Ali"
- "A Whole New World"
- "One Jump Ahead” (Reprise 2)
- "Speechless” (Part 2)
- "A Whole New World” (End Title)
- "Friend Like Me” (End Title)
- “Speechless” (Full)
- Plus 25 score cues composed by Alan Menken
What they’re saying:
- Mitchell Leib, president of Music & Soundtracks for the Walt Disney Studios: “The selection of artists, producer and tonal direction was critical for the success of updating a classic song like this. ZAYN’s vocals are like no other and his artistic imprint immediately brought a contemporary and diverse presence. Additionally, ZAYN could have chosen any artist in the world to collaborate with on the duet, but he personally selected Zhavia for her unique perspective, powerful vocal abilities and to platform a talented new artist, ensuring that the audience could discover this song, again, for the first time.”
- “A thrilling and vibrant live-action adaptation of Disney’s animated classic, Aladdin is the exciting tale of the charming street rat Aladdin, the courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine and the Genie who may be the key to their future.”
Aladdin opens in U.S. theaters nationwide May 24, 2019.