Hulu has shared a new trailer for the upcoming documentary Homeroom from director Peter Nicks. The film is the final in a trilogy of documentaries based in Oakland, California. Homeroom will debut in theaters and on Hulu in August.
- Hulu has shared the official trailer and some new stills from the inspiring and powerful documentary Homeroom.
- Directed by Peter Nicks and executive produced by Ryan Coogler, the Hulu Original will premiere on Hulu and in select theaters Thursday, August 12th.
- Homeroom is Nicks’ final chapter in a trilogy of films – The Waiting Room (2012) and The Force (2017) – examining the relationship between health care, criminal justice, and education in Oakland, CA over the past decade.
- All three documentaries will be available to stream on Hulu on August 12th.
- In Homeroom, Oakland High School’s class of 2020 confronts an unprecedented year. Anxiety over test scores and college applications gives way to uncertainty springing from a rapidly developing pandemic. Efforts to eliminate the school district’s police force unfold against the backdrop of growing nationwide demands for systemic change.
- Directed by Peter Nicks
- Produced by Nicks and Sean Havey
- Executive produced by Ryan Coogler
- A Concordia Studio, Open’hood production, in association with XTR and Proximity Media.
- Additional executive producers include:
- Laurene Powell Jobs
- Davis Guggenheim
- Nicole Stott
- Jonathan Silberberg
- Jen Rainin
- Tony Hsieh
- Bryn Mooser
- Kathryn Everett