Misan Harriman has released the first portraits in the Mickey & Friends: The Power of Friendship photography series, capturing celebrities and featuring stories or friendship to mark International Friendship Day.
- Disney and photographer Misan Harriman released the first portraits for the Mickey & Friends: The Power of Friendship photography series featuring Leigh Anne Pinnock, Laura Whitmore, Naomi Scott, Sabrina Elba, Ella Balinska, Lila Moss, Reggie Yates, Rochelle Humes, Olly Murs, HRVY, Damson Idris, and more to raise awareness for Disney’s UK non-profit partner, MediCinema.
- The series highlights the diversity of friendship with pairings including Laura Whitmore and her mother, Carmel; Olly Murs and friend James; Reggie and Cobbie Yates, and many more.
- The full photography series will be released as part of a virtual exhibition in September 2021, including real-life friendships shared via the cultural hub What We Seee, whose mission is to amplify inspirational stories.
- Highlighting the work of MediCinema, and the work it does to enhance the quality of life for NHS patients, the series will feature the story of Lucas, an eight-year-old who has been in and out of the hospital his whole life, forming a bond with MediCinema volunteers, Billy and John.
What They’re Saying:
- Misan Harriman: “It has been truly empowering to capture so many incredible tales of friendship from across the globe, both in real life and virtually. I hope that seeing the images released today fill people with as much hope as I had in taking them, and the joy of discovering what has brought each of the individuals together. There are so many moving stories that really demonstrate the true power of friendship, as seen with Mickey & Friends, and deliver Moments that Matter for those photographed.”
Mickey & Friends: The Power of Friendship Photography Series:
- MediCinema Patrons, actors Simon Pegg and Nick Frost
- Singer Leigh Anne Pinnock
- Actress Naomi Scott
- Model Lila Moss and friend Ella Richards
- Broadcaster Laura Whitmore and her mother, Carmel
- Actress Ella Balinska and friend Fejiro
- Broadcaster, bestselling children’s author and entrepreneur Rochelle Humes
- Former Olympic boxer Nicola Adams and partner Ella Baig
- Actor Damson Idris
- Broadcaster Miquita Oliver and mother, chef and broadcaster Andi Oliver
- Broadcasters Yasmin Evans and Clara Amfo
- Singer HRVY and mother Nicky Cantwell
- Broadcaster Reggie Yates and brother, costume designer Cobbie Yates
- Singer and broadcaster Olly Murs and friend James Mace
- Actress and BAFTA Rising Star Award winner Bukky Bakray and friend Precious
- Activist Amika George and friend Grace Warren
- Model Sabrina Elba and friend
- Lucas alongside MediCinema volunteers, Billy and John. who have supported him
- Friends Tommy (95) and Aoife (25) from Scotland, UK
- Friends Anisha and Kiren from the East Midlands, UK
Tales of Friendship:
- Laura Whitmore
- Broadcaster Laura Whitmore and her mother, Carmel honour the special friendship between mother and daughter. Laura says “the mother-daughter relationship is such a special friendship. A mother is your first friend, your forever friend”.
- Naomi Scott
- Actress Naomi Scott and her friend Tiffany Pope celebrate the power of friendship. Naomi and Tiffany are not only cousins, but best friends who have been there for each other since day one.