Hulu has released the key art for the upcoming original series Black Cake, premiering November 1st on Hulu.
- Hulu has debuted the key art for the upcoming original series Black Cake, based on Charmaine Wilkerson's New York Times-bestselling novel.
- The series premieres with three episodes on November 1st, with new episodes launching weekly only on Hulu.
Black Cake Synopsis:
- Based on The New York Times-bestselling book by Charmaine Wilkerson, Black Cake is a family drama wrapped in a murder mystery with a diverse cast of characters and a global setting, from Marissa Jo Cerar, Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Films, and Aaron Kaplan's Kapital Entertainment.
- The story takes place in Jamaica, Italy, Scotland, England and Southern California. Cerar wrote the adaptation and serves as showrunner on the series, which spans decades.
- In the late 1960s, a runaway bride named Covey disappears into the surf off the coast of Jamaica and is feared drowned or a fugitive on the run for her husband’s murder. In present day California, a widow named Eleanor Bennett, loses her battle with cancer, leaving her two estranged children, Byron and Benny with a flash drive that holds previously untold stories of her journey from the Caribbean to America.
- These stories, narrated by Eleanor, shock her children and challenge everything they thought they knew about their family’s origin.
- Mia Isaac
- Adrienne Warren
- Chipo Chung
- Ashley Thomas
- Lashay Anderson
- Faith Alabi
- Glynn Turman
Recurring Guest Stars:
- Ahmed Eljah
- Simon Wan
- Sonita Henry