Opening: August 12, 2019
Disney Springs West Side will welcome the NBA Experience in Summer of 2019. Sports fans will step into a state-of-the-art space that includes interactive games and competitions, immersive experiences, a retail store and an adjacent restaurant. The building is described as being inspired by the modern architecture of new NBA arenas around the country, with the same spirit and energizing impact, while creating an unmistakable and entertaining connection to the NBA in a way that only Disney can.
The NBA Experience is said to feature hands-on activities that will immerse guests into the world of professional basketball. Guests will “get a glimpse into the atmosphere at the NBA Draft, participate in their own scouting reports, go through pregame preparations, and step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight reel-worthy slam dunks.”
- Some of the other highlights guests will get to partake in include:
- Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
- Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge.
- Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
- Test ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights.
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
- Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
- Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
- Also included in the NBA Experience is a retail store, which will feature exclusive NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.
NBA Experience will open at Disney Springs’ West Side on August 12, 2019.