The LaughingPlace Store
The World Report
Page 1 of 2
The First Unofficial Laughingplace EPCOT Scavenger and Trivia Event
Those of us who consider ourselves fans of Laughingplace.com here in Florida can sometimes be jealous of those of you in California. This struck me during the week when I saw the picture of the LP meet during the summer from the 2001 Year-End Editor's Report. I am not sure if it is because of the number of people in the surrounding areas of Disneyland, or because LaughingPlace.com has more readers of the west coast, or because Walt Disney World is primarily a tourist based attraction, but when we have a LP East Meet we have several regulars, a couple of visitors and lots of posts from people who say "I wont be there till next Monday" or "We are leaving the day before. There is certainly the blessing of numbers at LP Meets at the DLR it seems. And you are pretty lucky.
So what does that have to do with anything? Well, in order to spice things up here on the east coast, on Sunday, March 17at 3pm there is going to be the First Unofficial Laughingplace EPCOT Scavenger and Trivia Event. You think you have a vast amount of knowledge about EPCOT? You believe that no one else in the world knows more about Walts Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow? This will be a chance for you to test your skills.
The event will include: General Disney Trivia, Name the Location, Bring Back Something, EPCOT History and so on. It will be a time to gather and have some fun while exploring this great park. But before you pack your bags there are a few things you need to remember:
- This is not an official Laughingplace.com Event. Meaning that it is being planned by fans and Doobie and Rebekah are not responsible in any way for the event. So if you lose you cant complain to them.
- There will be prizes for the winners. But there won't be any cars or very rare LP Stuff given away. In other words, please dont cash in your life savings to fly to Orlando in hopes of finding fame and fortune through this event. It's not gonna happen.
- It is really a fun event and not to be taken that seriously. If youre the kind of person who thinks that blood should be a part of any Disney Trivia event you may need to readjust your thinking for this event.
- You are responsible for your own entrance into the park.
- And since this is not an official Disney event, we are going to ask that you be courteous to other guests while you are scavenging. We would hate to see anyone being dragged out by security yelling "I know for a FACT that Figment appeared 10 times "
American Adventure and the Liberty Inn
So if your interested in joining us on Sunday,. March 17 at 3pm for this event please let us know. Use the link at the bottom of this article to post that your planning to attend. Registration will begin at 2pm at the outside tables at the Liberty Inn (if you dont know where that is you may want to bone up on your EPCOT map skills before the event). Wear comfortable shows and clothes. We want people to get to know each other so plan to play by teams. If you come alone we will help you create a team with other LP East folks. Also, as in all LP East Meets, plan to join us for dinner at the Liberty Inn at the end of the event. We always do our best Disney talk over food.