RockLove recently teased fans about an upcoming Star Wars collection inspired by Force users across the galaxy and the lightsabers they wield. In an exclusive on StarWars.com, RockLove CEO Allison Cimino unveiled the Star Wars X RockLove Kyber Crystal Capsule Collection.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- The last two additions to the Star Wars X RockLove Kyber Crystal Capsule Collection for 2021 are now available.
- Luke Skywalker’s and Leia Organa’s lightsabers are featured in the collection of necklaces available exclusively on RockLove.com.
- Additionally, RockLove has announced that the collection has been extended with more Kyber Crystals to be featured in 2022! At this time, it’s not clear which hilts will be included, but an Obi-Wan collection is in the works and will likely be among the new styles!
About the Kyber Crystal Collection:
- “An elegant necklace for a more civilized age.” RockLove is bringing the galaxy to fans with their stunning new necklace collection.
- Celebrating several factions of the Star Wars franchise, the eight item capsule collection, is based on the blade and hilt of a weapon belonging to a Jedi or Sith.
- The handmade pieces capture every minute detail from the iconic laser swords seen across all of the Star Wars universe.
- The lightsaber hilts are cast in brass with polished plating and enamel details, while the display boxes for the collection are customized to each character. The boxes will include a magnetic lid that converts into its own angled display case.
- RockLove will reveal two additions to the Kyber Crystal Capsule Collection at a time, roughly every other month.
- The Kyber Crystal Capsule Collection took over a year to complete. This is more than twice the time it takes to craft a typical RockLove Jewelry collection.
Star Wars X RockLove Kyber Crystal Capsule Collection
Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa – December 7th
The last two blades and hilts to join the collection focus on twin siblings Luke and Leia. Though they missed the chance to grow up together, their paths did cross on a mission to save her life. Brother and sister were Force-sensitive and eventually developed their Jedi skills as young adults.
Ahsoka Tano and the Darksaber – October 19th
This month the balance to the Force comes from Ahsoka Tano and her white saber blades and the iconic and mysterious Darksaber with it’s haunting black glow. Bring home these beautiful replicas that represent the divided but equally powerful sides of the Force.
Kylo Ren and Rey – August 17th
Continuing the collection by focusing on the both sides of the Force, RockLove is bringing fans Kylo Ren’s distinct red weapon as well as Rey’s yellow blade. Whether you choose one over the other or bring balance by getting both, there’s no doubt that when these two combine their powers, they’re much stronger together than they ever were apart.
Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader – July 13th
There’s no better way to kick off this new collection than with the biggest icons in the franchise: Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. First introduced to fans in Star Wars, the father and son duo represent the light and dark sides of the Force, each choosing a different path. While redemption is always on the horizon, it's the journey both characters take that’s compelling.
What She’s Saying:
- Allison Cimino: “This collection represents everything we value most at RockLove. It is recognizable to a fellow Star Wars fan and explores one of the most iconic aspects of the Star Wars galaxy, the lightsaber, in a unique and cerebral way.
- Allison Cimino on deciding to feature Jedi and Sith: “The Star Wars odyssey ponders the mysteries of the Force, and the constant inner battle between the light side and the dark side. It felt appropriate to include lightsabers reflected across the spectrum.”
- Allison Cimino: “I’ve always been fascinated by the fabrication of lightsabers — metal and crystals, my favorite! There are various examples of their construction in Star Wars publications of concept art, in addition to episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars….Each Padawan must search for their own individual kyber crystal…the rightful crystal glows when discovered. It’s a dangerous task that requires intuition, self-awareness, courage, and trust.”
- Allison Cimino on future collections: “There are many lightsaber-wielding characters not included in this series of eight, and we will likely continue to create more designs after this first set is complete. Be it dark side or light side, use the Force and follow your heart when choosing yours!”