- The Doctor Who 60th anniversary specials have yet to air, and we’re already getting casting news regarding Ncuti Gatwa’s second season as the Doctor in 2025.
- Showrunner Russell T Davies revealed that Nicola Coughlan will be appearing in the 2024 Christmas special during a Q&A earlier this week.
- “Nicola Coughlan at Christmas — not this Christmas, next Christmas,” Davies said. “We’re shooting Christmas 2024 now.”
- Known for her roles in Derry Girls and Bridgerton, Coughlan also starred alongside Gatwa in the mega-successful Barbie movie earlier this year.
- Keen-eyed fans spotted Coughlan filming location footage for the specials earlier this week, likely leading to this official confirmation.
About Doctor Who:
- The 60th anniversary specials will reunite the Fourteenth Doctor (David Tennant) and Donna Temple-Noble (Catherine Tate) as they come face-to-face with their most terrifying villain yet: the Toymaker (played by Neil Patrick Harris in his Doctor Who debut).
- The three specials will debut on the following dates:
- “The Star Beast” (November 25th)
- “Wild Blue Yonder” (December 2nd)
- “The Giggle” (December 9th)
- Ncuti Gatwa takes control of the TARDIS as the Fifteenth Doctor over the festive period and the new season of Doctor Who, which will stream globally in 2024 on Disney+ and on the BBC in the UK and Ireland.
- Check out Luke’s breakdown of what was revealed in the newest trailer for the 60th anniversary specials.