Searchlight Pictures’ Poor Things will be coming to theaters next month, but those looking forward to the release of the new film can get a preview of its soundtrack starting tomorrow, November 15.
- When Poor Things hits theaters on December 8, Milan Records will release the film’s soundtrack as well.
- However, starting tomorrow, fan will be able to listen to two singles from the album – “Bella” and “Lisbon” – according to IndieWire, who has a preview of the latter.
- Poor Things will be the first film score composed by Jerskin Fendrix and the first time filmmaker Yorgos Lanthimos collaborated with a dedicated composer for a feature film.
- Be sure to check back for both singles from the film’s soundtrack.
What they’re saying:
- Composer Jerskin Fendrix: “If there’s some kind of injustice or [the characters are] upset about something it comes out in this extremely endearing and kind of cute and embarrassing way. And [so] my toolbox, musically, is talking about feelings in a very embarrassingly kind of open way. There was also the cosmetic side of making sure that [the score] could keep up with how extraordinarily imaginative all of the production and the costume designs were. But, at the core of it, I think it really had to be very emotionally vulnerable and non-verbal.”
About Poor Things:
- From filmmaker Yorgos Lanthimos comes the incredible tale and fantastical evolution of Bella Baxter (Stone), a young woman brought back to life by the brilliant and unorthodox scientist Dr. Godwin Baxter (Dafoe). Under Baxter’s protection, Bella is eager to learn. Hungry for the worldliness she is lacking, Bella runs off with Duncan Wedderburn (Ruffalo), a slick and debauched lawyer, on a whirlwind adventure across the continents. Free from the prejudices of her times, Bella grows steadfast in her purpose to stand for equality and liberation.
- Ramy Youssef, Jerrod Carmichael, Christopher Abbott, and Suzy Bemba round out the cast.
- Tony McNamara penned the screenplay, based on the novel of the same name by Alasdair Gray.
- The film is produced by Ed Guiney, Andrew Lowe, Lanthimos and Stone.
- Poor Things will hit theaters on December 8th, 2023.