The Disney Parks Blog announced today that Mobile Ordering is now available to all gusts at the Disneyland Resort. Folks, this is going to be a lifesaver! For those who haven’t had the chance to experience it at the Walt Disney World parks, you’re in for a treat.
- Mobile Ordering is now available at Disneyland Resort parks. Guests can order, customize, and pay for their meal or snacks on their smartphones using the Disneyland Mobile app.
- Guests will need to download the app and login to their Disney account. Annual Passholders can link their pass to the app.
- Annual Passholders can link their passes to receive their passholder discount through the app.
How it works:
- Guests will select their restaurant of choice from the mobile ordering locations available.
- Choose a 30-minute pick up window. Guests may place an order for any 30-minute window available even if it’s hours later. For example, a guest may decide to place a Mobile Order for pick up between 12:00-12:30 pm when they arrive at park at 9:00 am.
- Once a pick up time has been selected, the available menu selections will appear. Guests can add and, if desired, customize their selections. If multiple guests want the same items, they can increase the number of items to add to the order.
- Those ordering an item with protein, sauce, or side options will need to select those items in order to proceed to the next step. When they are happy with their menu selection, they can add it to their order.
- Guests will also have the option to purchase beverages, sides, and desserts before placing their order.
- When all items have been selected, guests will be asked to review their order, and enter a new payment method or select a previously linked option. Then they can submit and go enjoy the parks.
- Guests will receive a notification on their smart device letting them know they’re within the pick up window, encouraging them to head to their restaurant location.
- When they are in range of the restaurant, they will receive another notification asking if they’d like their order to be prepared or if they need to select another pick up window.
- After selecting the “I’m here option,” they’ll receive confirmation their order has been started.
- Finally, when their order is ready for pick up, guests will receive one more notification directing them to the correct restaurant window to retrieve their order.
Restaurants at Disneyland with Mobile Ordering:
- Bengal Barbecue
- Edelweiss Snacks – New location
- Galactic Grill
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
- Harbour Galley
- Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
- Red Rose Taverne
- Refreshment Corner – New location
- Royal Street Veranda – New location
- Stage Door Café – New location
- Tiki Juice Bar
Restaurants at Disney California Adventure with Mobile Ordering:
- Award Wieners
- Bayside Brews
- Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Corn Dog Castle
- Flo’s V8 Café
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Pacific Wharf Café
- Paradise Garden Grill
- Smokejumpers Grill
Benefits of Mobile Ordering:
- Those using Mobile Ordering will be able to avoid standing in long lines freeing them up to enjoy more of their day in the parks.
- The option to select a pick up window provides guests with schedule flexibility and aids in planning their day.
- Additionally, having a 30-minute window allows each location to know how many guests to expect during certain periods of time.
- Mobile Ordering is a perfect way for guests to find out what items can be customized and request them to be made to their dietary needs or preferences.
What’s different about Walt Disney World Mobile Ordering:
- Quick service restaurants participating in the Mobile Order program do not offer 30-minute pick up windows. However, a guest’s order will not be prepared (or paid for) until they are at the restaurant.
- Guests will receive a prompt when they are close to the selected restaurant and they may complete their order by pressing the “I’m here” button on their phone.
- Mobile Order options are limited to proximity due to the distance between parks. This is beneficial and limits confusion by only allowing someone to order from a restaurant close by.
- At this time, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders are not able to receive their discount when placing a Mobile Order with the app.
Mobile Ordering is now available for Disneyland Resort guests and Annual Passholders.