At long last, fans of the hits video game series Kingdom Hearts now know when the latest installment will debut. Kingdom Hearts III is set to be released January 29th, 2019.
- At launch, the game will be available for Xbox One and Playstation 4.
- The announcement came during the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra World Tour performance last night and was later shared on Twitter.
- A follow-up tweet from Tetsuya Nomura apologized for the wait, saying “I’m sorry that we’re asking for a little more time than initially planned.”
- Today, a new trailer for the game debuted during Microsoft’s Xbox briefing at E3, featuring Frozen and more:
- Additionally, a slightly different trailer was shown during the Square-Enix E3 Showcase:
- At the PlayStation E3 Showcase, a new trailer revealed that Sora and the gang will be returning to the world of Pirates of the Carribean
More on Kingdom Hearts.
- At the 2017 D23 Expo, it was announced that the game would arrive sometime in 2018. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.
- The new release date means Kingdom Hearts III will arrive more than 13 years after Kingdom Hearts II. Back then, the game was released for Playstation 2.
- Between the two releases, there have been several other entries into the Kingdom Hearts saga, including the recently-rebranded Kingdom Hearts Union X.
- Kingdom Hearts III will feature a number of Disney franchises, including Frozen, Wreck-it Ralph, Tangeled, and Monsters Inc..
- Speaking of Monsters Inc., a previous trailer for the game that highlighted the Monstropolis elements was released at the 2018 D23 Expo Japan:
Kingdom Hearts III will be released January 29th, 2019.