Monitoring kids activities can be beneficial to their health helping to achieve goals, reinforce a positive body image, and so much more. Disney and Garmin have announced Disney x Garmin that features Disney Princess-themed bands and a new mobile app.
- Garmin fitness trackers are a huge hit with adults and children alike. Each tracker helps individuals achieve fitness goals, monitor daily activity, track heart rate and more. Now Garmin is adding Disney Princess theming to the mix, encouraging children to “Play like a Princess.”
- Disney x Garmin’s vívofit jr. 2, is an interactive experience where activity unlocks adventure, shaping habits for lifelong health and fitness.
- Kids will look forward to crushing activity minute goals to unlock app adventures, games and step icons featuring Disney Princess characters Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Mulan and Rapunzel.
- The Disney Princess-branded vívofit jr.2 is brought to life through a corresponding app adventure, which kids explore with the help of their parents.
- In Magical Kingdoms: A Disney Princess Adventure
- Help Rapunzel and Flynn Rider escape Mother Gothel
- Save the Emperor with Mulan
- Explore the Cave of Wonders with Jasmine
- The more they meet – and exceed – their activity goals, the more of the story they’ll get to see.
- Along with uncovering additional adventures with the Disney Princesses, kids can gain access to fun games and more. In order to collect gems and get more chances to play games, kids will need to keep logging those active minutes.
About the vivofit jr. 2:
- The vívofit jr. 2 featuring Disney Princess is available for purchase at retailers nationwide including:
- Suggested retail price of $79.99
- This valuable tool for parents comes with a companion app that acts as a parental personal assistant. From their compatible smart device, parents can view their child’s activity, assign chores, and schedule reminder alerts that show up on their child’s device.
- Task timers help kids know how much time they have left for each chore. For added incentivization, when kids receive and complete a given chore, parents can reward them with virtual coins that can be redeemed for agreed-upon rewards.
- The app allows for multiple profiles so parents and siblings with compatible Garmin devices can have their steps listed on the step leaderboard, promoting a healthy and fit lifestyle for the whole family.
- In addition to tracking steps, sleep and active minutes, kids can also use the vívofit jr. 2 to engage in some friendly competition with their friends and family.
- Toe-to-Toe step challenges let kids sync with nearby friends (or themselves) for timed step competitions. Parents can also play by downloading the Toe-to-Toe Connect IQ app to a compatible device. New family challenges let users connect with other families and compete in weekly step challenges for extra motivation to move.
What they’re saying:
- Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales: “We are excited to once again bring the Disney magic to our wearables lineup with these new Princess-inspired fitness trackers. The Play like a Princess campaign celebrates kids who aren’t afraid to be bold, be daring, be kind and be different. It’s our hope to inspire and empower kids to do something cool, find adventure, and above all, keep moving.”
- Kyle Laughlin, Senior Vice President, Games and Interactive Experiences, Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products: “Based on the initial success we’ve seen with Star Wars, Minnie Mouse, and Marvel Avengers on the vívofit jr. 2, we know that pairing Disney’s unrivaled characters and content with Garmin wearables encourages kids to get active. The Disney Princesses make a great addition to this line and their stories make for exciting interactive adventures.”