Now is the perfect time to start counting down the days until the new Star Wars: Resistance show debuts on Disney Channel. Entertainment Weekly offers a first look at the characters and story for the upcoming series from Dave Filoni and his amazing team.
Star Wars: Resistance:
- Thanks to Entertainment Weekly, fans can get an early preview of the upcoming show, Star Wars: Resistance. The new series takes place before the events of The Force Awakens.
- Resistance will bring back favorite characters that fans are familiar with including:
- General Leia Organa (voiced by Rachel Butera)
- Poe Dameron (voiced by Oscar Isaac)
- Captain Phasma (voiced by Gwendoline Christie)
- The new series will focus on racer pilot, Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono who’s recruited by the Rebels to spy on the First Order.
- Kaz works at a way station for galactic travelers called Colossus. Here, he’s a member of Team Fireball which is named after their ship that has a tendency to burst into flames.
- The Fireball crew is trying to restore their beloved transport and participates in races to earn money and parts. Being the great pilot that he is, Kaz is an excellent addition to the crew. But they don’t know that Kaz is working for the Resistance.
Meet Team Fireball:
- Christopher Sean will bring the character of Kaz to life.
- Christopher Sean on Kaz: “[he’s] good at flying, but he’s not really good at spying.”
- Scott Lawrence plays Jarek Yeager a former member of the Rebellion who keeps getting pulled back into the action.
- Suzie McGrath voices Tam Ryvora, a fellow mechanic who used to be a racer herself before she lost her ship.
- McGrath on Tam: “She’s tough, no-nonsense, she kind of has attitude.”
- Josh Brener plays Neeku, a green, horny-toad-looking alien who’s a bit naive, and usually dorky and cheerful.
- Brener on Neeku: “He is this unbelievably positive, happy character. No no matter what kind of day you’re having, Neeku is having a great day.”
Additional cast members:
- Along with the amazingly group of actors listed above, Star Wars: Resistance will also feature the voice talents of:
- Myrna Velasco as Torra Doza
- Donald Faison as Hype Fazon
- Jim Rash as Flix
- Bobby Moynihan as Orka
- More casting announcement are still to be revealed, but until then, fans can check out the new teaser trailer for Star Wars: Resistance.
Whether you’re a fan of the Resistance or First Order, be sure to tune into Disney Channel on Sunday, October 7th at 10pm EST/PST for the series debut.