Another television revival could be in the works as ABC has reportedly given a script commitment to a new Designing Women series.
- As Deadline reports, the previously-announced project had been in the works at Sony Television but has now landed at ABC.
- Unlike some other recent revivals, this is being billed as a sequel series to the original sitcom which ran from 1986 to 1993.
- It’s said to feature a new generation of female designers in Atlanta but will include “the same razor-sharp dialogue and ability to cut through the political, cultural, and social factions that rarely agree on anything.”
- Show creator Linda Bloodworth Thomason will be returning for this new iteration.
- The original Designing Women starred Jean Smart, Dixie Carter, Delta Burke, Annie Potts, Meshach Taylor, Alice Ghostley, Julia Duffy, Jan Hooks, and Judith Ivey.
- It aired on CBS.
- Incidentally, this news comes just a few weeks after it was announced that ABC and Sony are working on another revival project together: Bewitched.