ESPN+ has announced that Kobe Bryant’s Detail is returning with an expanded second season for a Football Edition. The season will feature two-time Super Bowl Champion, Peyton Manning, as writer and host of eight episodes.
- Kobe Bryant’s Detail is returning exclusively to ESPN+ with an expanded season two.
- The new season will be a football edition with two-time Super Bowl Champion, Peyton Manning—in collaboration with NFL Films and Granity Studios—writing and hosting eight episodes.
- Manning will select NFL games throughout the current season and break down the film.
- The first episode of Manning’s Detail will be available Thursday, October 18 on ESPN+ and takes a look at Josh Rosen’s game versus the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, October 14.
- Remaining episodes are expected to be available on a weekly or bi-weekly basis throughout the 2018-19 NFL season.
- In addition, Bryant will be returning later in the 2018-19 NBA season for a second series of shows focused on basketball and Detail will also add a forthcoming UFC edition.
- All of Bryant’s past NBA-focused Detail episodes (from the 2017-18 NBA season), as well as episodes examining key college and WNBA players, are available on ESPN+.
What they’re saying:
- Peyton Manning: “I’ve always enjoyed talking football with coaches, players and passionate fans, and that’s at the core of this show. I’m honored to help expand Kobe’s Detail to a football audience.”
- Kobe Bryant, founder of Granity Studios and Executive Producer of Detail: “The concept behind Detail is centered around helping athletes get better, so it made perfect sense to expand the show to other sports. Peyton was my first call to be the NFL athlete due to his unrelenting preparation and study of his craft. The next generation of football players will learn first-hand how one of the greatest players of all time objectively breaks down a game. It’s the ultimate film session for anyone who wants to learn and improve.”
- Connor Schell, ESPN executive vice president, content added: “Peyton Manning is an icon, known for his preparation, understanding of the game and attention to detail. His film study sessions are the stuff of legend. It makes Peyton the perfect fit to bring Detail to life for football fans and build on the foundation that Kobe has built with basketball fans on ESPN+. We couldn’t be more excited to work with Peyton and to bring our collaboration with Kobe and his team to another level in the coming year.”