The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a ground-breaking land that lets fans step right into their favorite books and movies and become immersed in the world of witchcraft and wizardry. And one of the most popular parts of the land is of course the Butterbeer. Universal Orlando announced today that the park has sold 20 million Butterbeers since the land opened.
- Guests got their first taste of Butterbeer when The Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Hogsmeade opened in 2010 in Islands of Adventure.
- It has quickly become one of the most popular items in the land, and the theme parks in general.
- Butterbeer is available as cold and frozen beverages as well as several other flavored treats, including:
- Soft-served ice cream
- Potted cream
- Hot Butterbeer (seasonal)
What they’re saying:
- Universal Orlando shared memories from fans regarding their Butterbeer experiences:
- Nikki S.: “My favorite Butterbeer experience was my first one in 2013! I was celebrating my 27th birthday & my first Wizarding World visit during a Universal Orlando vacation. Now I live in Florida, & as a passholder, I get to enjoy Butterbeer every time I visit, but my first one will always be memorable & meaningful.”
- Alex R.: “Stepping out of Three Broomsticks with Hot Butterbeers on a rare chilly day around Christmas with my family and friends. Right as we walked out, the music started playing and it gave the feeling of being in the books/movies.”
- Casey A.: “After our first trip to Universal Orlando, my sister posted that she may need a “Butterbeer Support Group” when she got home. There isn’t a variety that doesn’t like and trust she has tried everything Butterbeer. Her favorite is the Hot Butterbeer!”
- Tara H.: “I got a Butterbeer after getting matching ‘Always’ tattoos with my best friend. We literally went from the tattoo shop to Islands of Adventure. One of the best memories ever.”