Yesterday, one of the doors on a Walt Disney World monorail fell off while the train was making at stop at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. As Fox 35 Orlando reports, a photo of the incident was later captured by @StaleCupcakes on Instagram.
- A Disney spokesperson told Fox 35 that the door was damaged when a guest in a motorized scooter accidentally hit it while boarding.
- Luckily, no one was injured in the incident and the monorail did not operate with the door missing.
- Later, the monorail line was reopened while repairs were made to the affected monorail.
- Back in January, a guest shot video aboard a Walt Disney World monorail that was operating with one door ajar.
- Safety signs were later added asking guests not to lean against the monorail doors.