For months, Disney fans have been debating whether or not the Disney Skyliner will have air conditioning, and today, we’ve received the final answer. According to the Orlando Sentinel, the new transport will not feature any AC.
- The Orlando Sentinel has reported that the Disney Skyliner will not be air conditioned.
- The Sentinel writes, “A Walt Disney World spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday that the gondolas would not have AC. The cabins were ‘specifically tailored to provide a comfortable ride for our guests in the Florida climate,’ she said. The units will use cross-ventilation for sufficient air flow and reflective windows to prevent direct sunlight, she said.”
- Disney’s spokeswoman also said that each capsule in the Skyliner system would be wheelchair-accessible.
- This past weekend at Destination D, fans got a first look at the Gondolas during a special presentation by Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek.
- According to Chapek, nearly six miles of cables will be installed throughout the Skyliner system to deliver guests to their destinations.
- Just recently, the final support tower was installed, the cable threading process has begun.
- The Skyliner will provide transportation for guests from:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Pop Century
- Art of Animation
- Caribbean Beach
- Disney’s Riviera Resort (opening in 2019)
- Last week it was announced that the Skyliner is slated to open in the Fall of 2019.