The Walt Disney Company has announced the expansion of their Disney Movie Moments program to even more children’s hospitals. The program has been bringing joy to children and families since 2014 and Disney will be able to more than double their reach.
- Disney has announced that they will be expanding their Disney Movie Moments program to a total of 120 children’s hospitals around the country.
- Movie Moments was launched in 2014 and presents first run Disney films to children and families who otherwise wouldn’t get the chance to see them in theaters.
- Today, The Walt Disney Studios celebrated a major expansion of the program with a special screening of Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet at La Rabida Children’s Hospital in Chicago.
- Along with the special screening, children and families also enjoyed:
- Photo opportunities with characters
- Giveaways distributed by Disney VoluntEARS
- Meet-and-greets with some of the film’s animators.
- The event was hosted by ABC 7 Chicago and continues the station’s longstanding relationship with La Rabida.
- Disney Movie Moments is a part of the Disney Team of Heroes initiative to provide comfort and inspiration to families with children facing serious illness and to support children’s hospitals around the country.
What they’re saying:
- Alan Bergman, president, The Walt Disney Studios: “Disney is a longtime supporter of the important work children’s hospitals do, and with the Disney Movie Moments program, we aim to brighten the day of young patients by bringing the latest in Disney storytelling directly to these very special fans. Today, we are thrilled to be able to more than double the program’s reach to nearly 120 hospitals around the country.”
- La Rabida president and CEO, Brenda Wolf: “Because of the type of care some kids require, a lot of our patients aren’t able to enjoy simple things, like going out to see a movie. As caregivers, we aim to provide experiences that allow kids to be kids, if even for a moment. We’re very lucky that organizations like Disney and our friends at ABC 7 Chicago recognize the value in those moments, and help us make events like Disney Movie Moments possible.”
- Back in March, Disney announced an innovative five-year plan to donate more than $100 million in cash and resources to children’s hospitals.