CBS Corporation is looking for a new chief executive and according to reports, former Walt Disney Company Chief Operating Officer, Tom Staggs is the top candidate for the position.
- The Wall Street Journal has reported that Disney’s former COO, Tom Staggs, is the top candidate for the chief executive position at CBS Corp.
- The company is looking for a new CEO after the departure of Leslie Moonves over allegations of sexual harassment.
- According to reports, while no formal offer has been made, Mr. Staggs has been informed of the company’s interest in his taking the position.
- WSJ writes that “Staggs is first on the list—which includes about 10 people—’by a reasonably wide margin.’”
- Stagg has reportedly expressed reservations about the position, but is open to further discussions.
- One source close to the matter told WSJ that the CBS board is considering how to sweeten an offer for Mr. Staggs. One possible outcome could be to offer him and (other candidates with his experience) the position of executive chairman and CEO.
- Joe Ianniello is CBS’s chief operating officer and is currently serving as interim CEO.
- Staggs was believed to be the next in line as Disney CEO following Iger, however, he resigned in 2016 when Disney expanded their search for the next successor.
Other potential candidates include:
- Hasbro Inc. CEO and CBS director Brian Goldner
- Starz Chief Operating Officer Jeffrey Hirsch
- CBS interim CEO Joe Ianniello
- Former senior Time Warner executive John Martin
- Former senior Time Warner executive Olaf Olafsson