Hulu has released a series of images providing a first look at their upcoming new series Catch-22.
- Catch-22 is a six-part limited series from Paramount Television and Anonymous Content.
- Catch-22 is executive produced by Smokehouse Pictures’ George Clooney and Grant Heslov in addition to Anonymous Content’s Richard Brown and Steve Golin.
- Luke Davies and David Michôd serve as co-writers and executive producers for the series.
- Clooney, Heslov and Ellen Kuras direct the new series with Kuras also serving as a producer.
- Catch-22 premieres in Spring 2019 on Hulu.
- Based on Joseph Heller’s seminal novel of the same name, Catch-22 is the story of the incomparable, artful dodger, Yossarian, a US Air Force bombardier in World War II who is furious because thousands of people he has never met are trying to kill him. But his real problem is not the enemy, but rather his own army which keeps increasing the number of missions the men must fly to complete their service. Yet if Yossarian makes any attempt to avoid his military assignments, he’ll be in violation of Catch-22, a hilariously sinister bureaucratic rule which specifies that a concern for one’s own safety in the face of dangers which are real and immediate is the process of a rational mind; a man is considered insane if he willingly continues to fly dangerous combat missions, but a request to be removed from duty is evidence of sanity and therefore makes him ineligible to be relieved from duty.
- Christopher Abbott as Yossarian
- Kyle Chandler as Colonel Cathcart
- George Clooney as Scheisskopf
- Hugh Laurie as Major de Coverley
- Giancarlo Giannini as Marcello
- Daniel David Stewart as Milo
- Rafi Gavron as Aarfy
- Austin Stowell as Nately
- Graham Patrick Martin as Orr
- Gerran Howell as Kid Sampson
- Jon Rudnitsky as McWatt
- Kevin J. O'Connor as Korn
- Pico Alexander as Clevinger
- Tessa Ferrer as Nurse Duckett
- Lewis Pullman as Major Major
- Josh Bold as Dunbar
- Jay Paulson as Chaplain
- Julie Ann Emery as Marion