Fans of Tim Burton’s artistic style will be delighted to know that Burton is staging a new exhibition. “Tim Burton @ the Neon Museum” will open in October 2019 in Las Vegas.
- Renowned American film director, producer, artist, writer and animator Tim Burton will stage an exhibition of his original fine art in the United States. The exhibit will be installed at the Neon Museum in Las Vegas.
- “Tim Burton @ the Neon Museum” will be staged at multiple locations:
- The museum’s outdoor Boneyard exhibition space
- Its North Gallery
- At the City of Las Vegas’ Boneyard Park across from the museum’s visitor’s center
- The exhibition will feature a combination of new work as well as previously exhibited pieces.
- Fans can visit the exhibit from October 15, 2019, through February 15, 2020.
- Tickets are available through the Neon Museum.
About “Tim Burton @ the Neon Museum”:
- Created to take advantage of the museum’s unique open-air exhibition spaces, the large-scale installation works will be integrated with the museum’s collection.
- Burton intends for the exhibition to serve as a retrospective of his own creative history, as well as a celebration of his affection for the Neon Museum.
- Conceived as a collaboration with the museum, it will be genuinely site-specific and unlike any other exhibition Burton has ever staged.
What they’re saying:
- Rob McCoy, president and chief executive officer, Neon Museum: “To say we’re flattered that Mr. Burton has chosen our museum for this exhibition would be an understatement. But when you think about it, Tim is one of the few artists who can match the great imagination of Las Vegas.”
- Credited with bringing the first worldwide attention to the Neon Museum’s collection in his film Mars Attacks! (1996), Burton’s exhibitions have drawn millions of patrons around the world in cities such as Melbourne, Los Angeles, Paris, Prague, Tokyo, São Paulo and Mexico City.
- His exhibition at MoMA in New York City drew over 800,000 visitors, making it the third most attended exhibition ever.