On Thursday, January 4th, a crash along Interstate 75 tragically killed seven people including five children and left many others injured. Following confirmation from the Florida Highway Patrol that the children were on their way to Walt Disney World at the time of the accident, a spokesperson for the resort has offered their condolences.
- As WFTV reports, Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) says that the crash occurred when a north-bound tractor-trailer collided with a car, sending both vehicles through the guardrail and into southbound lanes.
- The tractor-trailer then crashed into a passenger van as well as another tractor-trailer, causing a fire.
- It was later confirmed that the passengers in the van were from a Pentecostal church in Louisiana and were headed to Walt Disney World.
- A spokesperson for the resort told WFTV, “There are no words to convey the sorrow we feel for those involved in yesterday’s tragedy. We extend heartfelt condolences to the families and loved ones impacted by this tragic accident.”
- The five children who passed away were Joel Cloud, Jeremiah Warren, Cierra Bordelan, Cara Descant, and Brieana Descant. Steve Holland and Douglas Bolkema were also killed.