Earlier today, Disney’s Animal Kingdom turned into an interactive classroom for more than 60 Osceola County students. As part of Disney’s Wild About Safety initiative, the park hosted elementary youth for a fun day of learning.
- For the past 15 years, Disney has reached more than one billion families through its Disney Wild About Safety program, which provides families and teachers with the resources they need to develop interactive and memorable safety curriculum for children worldwide.
- In honor of this milestone, Disney brought more than 60 Osceola County Public School students to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park for an interactive day of learning.
- Students attended from:
- Thacker Avenue Elementary School for International Studies
- Central Avenue Elementary School
- The students and their teachers learned about safe behavior and decision-making, including what they can do to help make sure the land, water and air around them is clean and safe.
- They also observed the fascinating worlds of environmental safety and animal behavior.
What they’re saying:
- Tajiana Ancora-Brown, director of external affairs at Walt Disney World Resort: “Learning works best when learning is fun. Bringing some of our community’s youngest members out to Animal Kingdom to observe environmental safety and animal behavior allowed them to observe real-world impacts of their lessons learned.”
- Dr. Debra Pace, superintendent of the Osceola School District: “There’s something special about bringing students out of the classroom for an educational experience. And when that place is Disney, their excitement and eagerness to learn is amplified tenfold.”
About Wild About Safety:
- Established in 2003 in partnership with Underwriters Laboratories (UL)—a world-renowned safety organization—Disney’s Wild About Safety is brought to life by program mascots Timon and Pumbaa from The Lion King.
- Wild About Safety curriculum includes:
- Activity books
- An animated video series
- Illustrated safety tip cards
- Timon and Pumbaa show kids how to stay safe whether at home, at play or a theme park.
- Through empowering youth to make safety smart decisions, their knowledge and behavior is impacted for years to come.
- Select Wild About Safety curriculum, including the environmental programming enjoyed by the students during their visit, has been recognized with the Teacher’s Choice and Parent’s Choice Awards.
- The anniversary celebration will continue later this week when similar safety curriculum is shared with students at Tupperware Brands Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida.