With the Avengers setting up new Headquarters around the world at Disney Parks, there’s plenty of exciting experiences for guests on the horizon. The Disney Parks Blog has shared new details on the backstory of one extension of the Avengers initiative, and revealed the latest Spider-Man meet and greet suit.
- The Disney Parks Blog as revealed a few more exciting details about Marvel additions to Disney Parks around the world.
- These details include a little more backstory into the overall global Avengers initiative that fans will soon have the chance to experience at Disneyland Paris and Disney California Adventure.
- One of the new extensions of this global initiative is the Worldwide Engineering Brigade or WEB for short, which will feature Spider-Man aka Peter Parker.
- Walt Disney Imagineering has worked with Marvel to design a new suit for Spider-Man to wear in the parks that better resembles his look in the latest films.
- In fact, guests can already catch Spider-Man swinging through these lands in his new suit at Walt Disney Studios Park, soon at Disney California Adventure park, and at other locations in the future.
Introducing Worldwide Engineering Brigade (WEB):
- The Avengers are setting up new Headquarters and training facilities around the globe to inspire all potential recruits willing to step up and become something more.
- As part of this global initiative, Tony Stark has founded the Worldwide Engineering Brigade — or WEB for short— to develop advancements in super-powered technology, including new enhancements to Spider-Man’s suit as their debut project.
- By bringing together the world’s brightest young inventors, the WEB is creating new interfaces that will empower all of us to join the ranks of Earth’s Mightiest.
- Guests will be able to discover this immersive, interactive experience at Disney California Adventure park at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney Studios park at Disneyland Paris.
- Both parks will feature an exciting new attraction where guests of all ages can join the heroes in action with the Worldwide Engineering Brigade as the setting for the experience.
- Though WEB is grounded in classic characters like Peter Parker, it is an organization that everyone can all be a part of – one that invites guests to engage with these iconic heroes like never before.
And there’s more:
- Along with introducing WEB, Disney is also excited for the upcoming debut of a brand-new, cutting-edge interface as part of this fun, interactive attraction.
- Through a blend of never-before-seen technology and practical effects, guests will get to experience for themselves what it is like to have the abilities of a Super Hero.
- This adventure will blend seamlessly into the story of the new lands at both Disney California Adventure park and Walt Disney Studios park, where there will be surprises at every turn!
What they’re saying:
- Ryan Meinerding, Head of Visual Development at Marvel Studios: “It has been the highlight of my career to design all of Spider-Man’s suits for the most recent films. Bringing him to life through Tony Stark’s capable design aesthetic was a true joy, but working with the Walt Disney Imagineering team to develop a look for Spidey that reflects the innovation of a team of young geniuses really brings him to a new level. And knowing that park guests can get up close to that suit and really take in all the detail the astounding Imagineers packed into it means that we have truly brought a new version of the character to life.”
- DPB’s Scot Drake, Creative Executive, Marvel Global Portfolio: “One of the best parts of my job is getting to collaborate with a diverse group of talented Imagineers, all pushing to bring this incredible universe to life, in a way that is authentic to this iconic brand. Developing new and innovative technologies, telling new stories and creating experiences that allow our guests to play an active role alongside these extraordinary characters is our core mission.”