At the Freeform Summit, the network announced the return dates for several of their popular shows.
- Season two of the critically acclaimed Freeform comedy returns for summer session on Wednesday, June 5 at 8:00 p.m. EDT/PDT.
- After a cliffhanger spring finale, Zoey (Yara Shahidi) and her friends find themselves at dramatic crossroads in their relationships, academics and adulthood.
- The second half of the season continues to explore important topics, including cultural appropriation, mental health, academic scandal and more.
- Starring Yara Shahidi, Trevor Jackson, Francia Raisa, Emily Arlook, Jordan Buhat, Chloe Bailey, Halle Bailey, Luka Sabbat, Deon Cole and Diggy Simmons, who has just been added as a series regular, the show is a contemporary take on the issues that students face in the world of higher education.
- Will return for more trouble in its highly anticipated sophomore season on Tuesday, June 18, at 8:00 p.m. EDT/PDT on Freeform.
- Follows Callie (Maia Mitchell) and Mariana (Cierra Ramirez) as they embark on the next phase of their young adult lives in Los Angeles, as Mariana tackles the male-dominated world of tech and Callie faces the harsh realities of the federal legal system clerking for a federal judge.
- After moving to The Coterie in Downtown Los Angeles, Callie and Mariana realize that living on their own is not all that it’s cracked up to be.
- Stars Maia Mitchell, Cierra Ramirez, Tommy Martinez, Sherry Cola, Zuri Adele and Roger Bart. “Good Trouble” is executive produced by Joanna Johnson, Peter Paige, Bradley Bredeweg, Christine Sacani, Gregory Gugliotta, Maia Mitchell, Cierra Ramirez, Jennifer Lopez, Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas and Benny Medina.
- Additionally, Freeform has announced the return of the Good Trouble digital aftershow, The Trouble With, which is produced in partnership with ATTN:.
- The mermaid drama, will return Thursday, June 11, at 8:00 p.m. EDT/PDT on Freeform.
- Season 2B picks up with Ben and Maddie feeling uncertain about the mermaids’ future after the deadly consequences of the attack on the oil rig.
- With the mermaids returning to sea, Ben and Maddie are left feeling lost without Ryn.
- Once Helen learns she’s not the only one of her kind, she discovers theirs a dark side to her people’s past.
- The series stars Eline Powell, Alex Roe, Fola Evans-Akingbola, Ian Verdun and Rena Owen. “Siren” is executive produced by Eric Wald and Emily Whitesell, who serves as showrunner. Dean White, Brad Luff, Nate Hopper and RD Robb also serve as executive producers