Pandora will soon have a new resident. Veteran actress Michelle Yeoh has reportedly joined the cast of James Cameron’s long-awaited Avatar sequel, according to Variety.
- Yeoh will portray scientist Dr. Karina Mogue, though no details have been shared on the character.
- Yeoh recently starred in the very successful romantic comedy Crazy Rich Asians. Some of her other credits include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Tomorrow Never Dies and Memoirs of a Geisha.
What they’re saying:
- James Cameron: “Throughout her career, Michelle has always created unique and memorable characters. I look forward to working with Michelle to do the same thing on the Avatar sequels.”
More on the Avatar sequels:
- Cameron recently confirmed the long-rumored titles of the next four Avatar films are:
- The Way of Water
- The Seed Bearer
- The Tulkun Rider
- The Quest for Eywa
- The first sequel is planned to hit theaters December 18, 2020, with the next three films following on the same weekend over the next few years:
- Avatar 3 – December 17, 2021
- Avatar 4 – December 20, 2024
- Avatar 5 – December 19, 2025
- Cameron and Fox announced the target releases of the sequels ahead of the opening of Pandora – the World of Avatar in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Edie Falco, star of series like The Sopranos and Nurse Jackie, has signed on to join the sequels.