Variety is reporting that Jessica Chastain and Andrew Garfield are set to star in Fox Searchlight’s The Eyes of Tammy Faye with director Michael Showalter. The film is based on the documentary The Eyes of Tammy Faye which chronicled Tammy Faye's personal journey from the genuine love-at-first-sight encounter with Jim Bakker, to being crucified in the court of public opinion.
ABC’s 20/20 recently aired a special about the infamous televangelists entitled Unfaithfully Yours which is still available at ABC.com
Jessica Chastain’s Disney Work:
- Appeared as Celia Foote in 2011’s The Help
- Posed as Merida in the Disney Dream Portrait Series
- Is in Dark Phoenix, in an undisclosed role
Andrew Garfield’s Disney Work:
- Portrayed Peter Parker/Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 though those films were not produced by Marvel
More From Fox Searchlight:
- Tolkien: Now in theaters, it tells the story behind the author of The Lord of the Rings
- Ready or Not: Follows a young bride (Samara Weaving) as she joins her new husband's (Mark O'Brien) rich, eccentric family (Adam Brody, Henry Czerny, Andie MacDowell) in a time-honored tradition that turns into a lethal game with everyone fighting for their survival.
- Lucy in the Sky: Natalie Portman plays astronaut Lucy Cola, who returns to Earth after a transcendent experience during a mission to space – and begins to lose touch with reality in a world that now seems too small.
- Jojo Rabbit: Writer-director Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok), brings his signature style of humor and pathos to a World War II satire. The story follows an awkward young German boy (Roman Griffin Davis) raised by a single mother (Scarlett Johansson), and whose only ally is his imaginary friend Hitler (Waititi). His naïve patriotism is tested when he meets a young girl (Thomasin McKenzie) who upends his world views, forcing him to face his biggest fears.