She’s back and fans couldn’t be more excited! Refurbishment is now complete on Disneyland’s iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle and it looks better than ever. Featuring gorgeous pink and blue hues, the refreshed look is stunning and breathes new life into the park.
Watch Sleeping Beauty Castle new color scheme / paint job unveiled at Disneyland:
- The latest completion of Disneyland’s Project Stardust has been unveiled as the walls surrounding Sleeping Beauty Castle have been taken down.
- Following the five month refurbishment of the park’s icon, Sleeping Beauty Castle has now been updated with a new color scheme and some forced perspective tweaks that make it appear taller.
- The castle features darker paint on the bottom that gradually lightens toward the top, enhancing the forced perspective effect.
- In addition to reveal of the refreshed castle, the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough has been reopened.
- To celebrate this occasion, Disneyland has made a donation to Ryman Arts, a charity co-founded by Herb Ryman, and planted a dwarf fir tree in his honor.
- The “Ryman Tree” recalls a Christmas tree that belonged to Herb Ryman the last year of his life that was once planted near the castle after his passing.
What they’re saying:
- Kim Irvine, art director at Walt Disney Imagineering: “What’s interesting about this time is that we used an ages-old painting technique called atmospheric perspective to visually heighten the castle. We warmed the pink hues on the lower towers and gradually added blue to lighten the colors toward the top.”
- Kim Irvine: “We focused the golden accents and pixie dust around the entrance to the castle, as though it has been magically enchanted.”
Sleeping Beauty Castle Front Side
Sleeping Beauty Castle Turrets
Sleeping Beauty Castle Back Side
Passing Through The Castle
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
Finally, here’s a look at the Castle walls when refurbishment started back in January. We’ve come a long way!